Creative Minds Out of School
Creative Minds Out of School is a nationally distributed curriculum designed to help educators strengthen their arts-based, inquiry-based and project-based teaching.
Creative Minds encourages educators to discover new approaches to teaching 21st century skills, English Language Arts and STEM content through Visual Arts Education. Developed for in and out of school time educators and linked to Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks as well as to Common Core Standards, Creative Minds engages children grades K-5 in high quality art exploration and art-making.
Gallery of Student Artwork
Today’s children are growing up in a world of increasing complexity, highlighting the need to develop “21st century” skills, such as creativity/innovation, critical thinking/problem solving, communication, collaboration/teamwork and presentation. Art education allows students to capitalize on their natural curiosity and readiness to learn and prepares them for next generation success.
Mass Cultural Council and Innovation Learning Center have brought Creative Minds to the following organizations to offer students an art experience designed to build confidence in self-expression, support individual growth, create art, experiment and grow:
- Accept Education Collaborative
- Action for Boston Community Development
- Belmont After School Enrichment Collaborative
- Beverly Children’s Learning Center, Inc.
- Boston Youth Sanctuary
- Building Educated Leaders for Life (BELL)
- Cambridge Community Schools
- Cambridge – Summer Employee Training
- Chicopee Boys & Girls Club
- Child Care of the Berkshires
- Citizens for Citizens (Fall River)
- City Year
- East Boston Social Center
- Elliot School of Fine & Applied Arts – School/Community Partners
- Fitchburg Public Schools
- For Kids Only Afterschool, Inc.
- Gladys Allen Brigham Community School
- Greater Boston YMCA
- Greater Lynn YMCA
- Greenfield Community College
- Hasbro Summer Learning Initiative
- MA Department of Elementary & Secondary Education – 21st CCLC Programs
- MA Department of Elementary & Secondary Education – ASOST Grantees
- Martin Luther King, Jr Community Center
- Nausett Youth Alliance
- New Bedford Public Schools – 21st CCLC
- North Shore Community College
- Preschool Enrichment Team
- Quincy Public Schools
- Rainbow Child Development & WPS
- Salem Public Schools (BELL Summer)
- Somerville Public Schools: Somerville Community Schools
- Somerville YMCA
- Springfield Parks & Recreation
- The Art Spot
- The Beautiful Stuff Project
- Woburn Boys & Girls Club
- Zanetti Montessori School – 21st CCLC Program
The Creative Minds Out-of-School program is made possible through a partnership of the Mass Cultural Council, Innovation Learning Center and Davis Publications.
Mass Cultural Council is a state agency that promotes excellence, inclusion, education, and diversity in the arts, humanities, and sciences, fosters a rich cultural life for all Massachusetts residents, and contributes to the vitality of our communities and economy.
The Innovation Learning Center, Inc. works with agencies and their partners to strengthen school-community-business partnerships that innovatively enhance the social, emotional and academic development of children and youth.
Davis Publications is a fourth generation family-owned publishing business and is the only nationwide publisher dedicated to increasing the quality and quantity of art education. Davis publishes superior products to meet the needs of the education market.