Annual Reporting Requirements and Deadlines for FY23
Organizations receiving an FY23 Portfolio grant, including Cultural Affiliates grantees:
For full disbursement of the FY23 Portfolio grant, grantees must continue to meet all eligibility requirements and additional terms stated in Attachments A and B of the grant contract package.
Questions about administration of a FY23 Portfolio grant should be directed to the following staff:
Sara S. Glidden, Program Manager
FY23 Grant Timeline
Grants announced: late August 2022
Award packages emailed to grantee: September 2022
FY23 grant disbursed: 4-6 weeks after receipt of completed contract package
FY23 Reporting Requirements due: Deadline for all reports: May 31, 2023, 11:59pm ET
ORGANIZATIONS WITH CONTRACT HOLDS
SOME Portfolio grantees may have outstanding requirements or eligibility issues that need to be resolved before the Mass Cultural Council is able to send the award package. Grantees with holds will receive a letter in lieu of the award package.
If the FY23 grant is canceled, the organization will be considered a “suspended” grantee, which will cause additional requirements for any reinstatement of funding in the Portfolio in FY24.
FY23 Reporting Requirements
Portfolio grant recipients must complete the CIP Annual Report and the DataArts Reporting Requirements by 11:59pm ET on May 31, 2023 to avoid penalties to any FY24 Portfolio grant.
If you do not complete all of the requirements by the deadline, there will be a 25% penalty to your maximum eligible grant for the following year.
If an organization remains non-compliant with the Reporting Requirements after June 8, 2023 (11:59pm ET) the organization will be suspended from the FY24 pool and not be eligible for an FY24 Portfolio grant.
- DataArts Requirement: “Portfolio Grantees: FY23 report/FY24 application” CIP Funder Report generated through DataArts’ Cultural Data platform.
The DataArts Requirement is complete once the organization has done the following:
- Created a new CDP Survey and entered data for the most recently completed fiscal year.
- Generated a CIP Funder Report which includes the most recent 3 years of data.
- Received staff approval of your Funder Report. The Funder Report is reviewed by staff for completion and accuracy of data. If there are errors or omissions, you will be required to make changes and generate a new Funder Report. You have not completed the requirement until this step is completed.
- CIP Annual Report
The CIP Annual Report serves as a confirmation of the grantee organization’s ongoing eligibility for Portfolio grants. It acts both as a final report for the current year, and as the ‘application’ for funding for the following year. It contains:
- Organization Review
- Confirm that your organization has completed two advocacy activities.
- Confirm that your organization has credited the Mass Cultural Council for funding. See Attachment D of your contract package or refer to the online Credit and Publicity Kit for more details.
- Confirm that your organization has a policy on Sexual Harassment.
- Confirm that your Board of Directors annually approves an organization policy on ethics and best practices for boards.
- Other narrative questions
The CIP Annual Report is available to your CIP grant primary contact person through our grants management system.
Engagement Requirement (formerly the Site Visit)
The Portfolio Engagement Requirement is suspended for FY23.
Please contact the Contracts Officer for further information about any of the following:
- Attachment A — Scope of Services
- Attachment B — Scope of Services and Additional Terms
- Attachment D — Credit and Publicity Agreement
- W-9 Form
- Contractor Authorized Signature Form — Required of all grantees
- Authorization for Electronic Funds Payment — Available upon request from the Fiscal Department
Check your payment status
Payment schedule information and payment history is available through the state’s web site. To access payment information:
- Organizations: Type in your VCUST Code and the last 4 digits of your Tax Identification number. This number can be found on your contract under Vendor Code. If this box does not contain a VCUST number you may contact the Contracts Officer to obtain it.
On a later screen you will be asked for the Mass Cultural Council’s three-letter state code, which is ART.