Annual Reporting Requirements and Deadlines for FY21
Organizations receiving an FY21 Portfolio grant, including Cultural Affiliates grantees:
For full disbursement of the FY21 Portfolio grant, grantees must continue to meet all eligibility requirements and additional terms stated in Attachments A and B of the grant contract package.
Questions about administration of a FY21 Portfolio grant should be directed to the following staff:
Sara S. Glidden, Program Manager
Gateway and Project Grantees, new applicants
Michael W. Ibrahim, Program Manager
Portfolio Organizations, CIP Advisory Services
Kalyn C. King, Program Officer
Portfolio Organizations, Card to Culture
Cheyenne Cohn-Postell, Program Officer
Small Portfolio Organizations, Gaming Mitigation, and CultureRx
FY21 Grant Timeline
Grants announced: January 2021
Award packages mailed to grantee: Mid-January 2021
FY21 grant disbursed: 4-6 weeks after receipt of completed contract package
FY21 Reporting Requirements due: Deadline for all reports: June 1, 2021, 11:59pm ET
ORGANIZATIONS WITH CONTRACT HOLDS
SOME Portfolio grantees may have outstanding requirements or eligibility issues that need to be resolved before the Mass Cultural Council is able to mail the award package. Grantees with holds will receive a letter in lieu of the award package in September.
If the FY21 grant is canceled, the organization will be considered a “suspended” grantee, which will cause additional requirements for any reinstatement of funding in the Portfolio in FY22.
To check the status of your contract and grant payments, log into the CIP Management Tool and view “Contracts” page. Contact staff for log-in and password credentials if you do not have this information.
FY21 Reporting Requirements
Portfolio grant recipients must complete the CIP Annual Report and the DataArts Reporting Requirements by 11:59pm ET on June 1, 2021 to avoid penalties to their FY22 Portfolio grant.
If you do not complete all of the requirements by the deadline, there will be a 25% penalty to your grant for the following year.
If an organization remains non-compliant with the Reporting Requirements after June 8, 2021 (11:59pm ET) the organization will be suspended from the FY22 pool and not be eligible for an FY22 Portfolio grant.
- DataArts Requirement: “Portfolio Grantees: FY21 report/FY22 application” CIP Funder Report generated through DataArts’ Cultural Data platform.
The DataArts Requirement is complete once the organization has done the following:
- Created a new CDP Survey and entered data for the most recently completed fiscal year.
- Generated a CIP Funder Report which includes the most recent 3 years of data.
- Received staff approval of your Funder Report. The Funder Report is reviewed by staff for completion and accuracy of data. If there are errors or omissions, you will be required to make changes and generate a new Funder Report. You have not completed the requirement until this step is completed.
- CIP Annual Report
The CIP Annual Report serves as a confirmation of the grantee organization’s ongoing eligibility for Portfolio grants. It acts both as a final report for the current year, and as the ‘application’ for funding for the following year. It contains:
- Organization Review
- Confirm that your organization has completed two advocacy activities.
- Confirm that your organization has credited the Mass Cultural Council for funding. See Attachment D of your contract package or refer to the online Credit and Publicity Kit for more details.
- Confirm that your organization has a policy on Sexual Harassment.
- Confirm that your Board of Directors annually approves an organization policy on ethics and best practices for boards. You will need to provide the date of the meeting when this took place.
Engagement Requirement (formerly the Site Visit)
The Portfolio Engagement Requirement is comprised of two components:
- Service to the Grantee: Required for all Portfolio grantees, once per four-year cycle. The Service to the Grantee engagement is focused on your organization’s needs and interests.
- Service to the Sector: Required for Portfolio grantees with formula expenses over $750,000 as of FY21. Twice per four-year term, grantee leadership will serve as a resource for other organizations in the Portfolio.
If your organization requests to temporarily move this component to an adjacent fiscal year (either sooner or later than required) in order to maximize effectiveness, CIP staff will discuss the process with the grantee, with final decision made by the Mass Cultural Council.
You can see the status of your Engagement Requirement on Attachment A of your grant contract package.
Please contact the Contracts Officer for further information about any of the following:
- Attachment A — Scope of Services
- Attachment B — Scope of Services and Additional Terms
- Attachment C — Updated Budget
- Attachment D — Credit and Publicity Agreement
- W-9 Form
- Contractor Authorized Signature Form — Required of all grantees
- Authorization for Electronic Funds Payment — Available upon request from the Fiscal Department
You can check your payment status by logging into the CIP Management Tool