To experience this site in your native language, click below.
Para visitar este sitio web en su idioma nativo, haga clic a continuación.
Para experimentar este site em sua língua nativa, clique abaixo.
Back to Top
Winchendon Cultural Council
Yearly, the Winchendon Cultural Council meets in the fall to review and award grants to programs town-wide. We encourage the larger community to attend these wonderful local programs, all of which are free or low-cost.
Jill Nicholson Sackett
109 Front Street
Winchendon, MA 01475-1758
FY23 Local Priorities
The Winchendon Cultural Council gathers input from the community and develops funding priorities based on this feedback. This year the Winchendon Cultural Council will give priority to:
• Applicants that have secured a venue in Winchendon
• Projects that serve youth or the elderly
• Projects that align with Winchendon’s Master Plan: https://www.townofwinchendon.com/sites/g/files/vyhlif8401/f/uploads/mp_final.pptx.pdf
• Applications from LGBTQ+ organizations and organizations that center BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) individuals and communities
In addition to the state criteria applications will be evaluated using the following review criteria:
• How well the program meets our local priorities
• Community support and involvement
• Evidence of track record and dedication of the applicant
• Ability to address the diverse cultural needs of a community’s underserved populations or support diverse forms of cultural activities
• Demonstrated planning
FY23 Local Guidelines
Priority is given to live events that occur within Winchendon. We generally do not fund capital expenditure requests. We encourage applicants to review our town Master Plan (link above, page 18) that encourages 1) use of our historic buildings and churches, and 2) events that focus on innovation and creativity.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY23 Funding List
A grant list will be published here after January 17, 2023 and once the Local Cultural Council has finalized their decisions.
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines
Mass Cultural Council publishes any updates as they become available. Last update was made on
December 6, 2022 at 09:30 AM UTC