Wellfleet Cultural Council
The Wellfleet Cultural Council (WCC) is a town committee of volunteers appointed by the Wellfleet Board of Selectmen. WCC receives state funding from the Massachusetts Cultural Council and local funds from the Town of Wellfleet plus our own fundraising efforts. We distribute this money through annual grants for a broad variety of projects in the arts, humanities, and interpretive sciences. This council accepts grant proposals in online formats.
G. Ledkovsky - Y. Barocas Co Chairs
300 Main Street
Wellfleet, MA 02667-7470
Connect on Social
FY22 Local Priorities
All programs must demonstrate clear relevance and benefit to Wellfleet and its residents.
The Council has identified the following program priorities for funding:
1. Virtual programming is encouraged and acceptable while cultural venues struggle to accommodate audiences in a safe and distanced setting.
2. Operating Support
3. Highlighting how the arts can be a catalyst in increasing racial equity and encouraging diversity.
4. Providing opportunities for start-ups, new programs and emerging artists.
5. Funding priority given to Wellfleetians
6. Increasing appreciation of local heritage and Wellfleet?s unique natural resources.
The Wellfleet Cultural Council also assigns funding priority to new applicants and off-season activities for our year-round residents.
FY22 Local Guidelines
1. Eligible programs must take place within a 12-month window corresponding to the upcoming calendar year. Applications due October 15 are for programs that occur January 1st ? December 31st of the following year in order to be considered.
2. Requests for extensions or modifications of originally proposed programs must be submitted in writing and receive written approval from the Council in order to be valid. No program substitutions. The maximum extension is 8 months from the anniversary date of the acceptance letter.
3. If the applicant’s project requires a venue, they must partner with a local venue prior to applying and submit a written letter of support (or email) from the venue with their application in order to be considered.
4. Priority is given to applicants who can demonstrate multiple sources of support for their project and not rely on the Council for full funding.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY22 Funding List
|Alzheimer's Family Caregivers Support Center, Inc.
||Arts & Ideas
||The Art of Jazz Improv with Big Jazz
|Cape Cod Chamber Music Festival
||3 Wellfleet Chamber Music Concerts & CCNS Concert
|Sustainable Center for Agricultural Preservation and Education
||Farmer in the school
|Wellfleet Preservation Hall, Inc.
|Friends of Herring River Wellfleet/Truro, Inc.
||Books for Friends of Herring River
|Lower Cape Community Acces Television, Inc.
||ArtsLight to Go
|Outer Cape Chorale, Inc.
||Two Concerts by the Outer Cape Chorale
|Denya R. LeVine
||Women In Music
|Harbor Stage Company, Inc.
||A Very Harbor Holiday
|Truro Center for the Arts at Castle Hill, Inc.
||60PLUS! - Senior Arts Program
|Provincetown Art Association and Museum, Inc.
||PAAM Family Nights
||Capoeira Besouro Cape Cod
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines