Wellesley Cultural Council
Nora Tracy Phillips
Wellesley Town Hall
525 Washington Street
Wellesley, MA 02482-5918
FY22 Local Priorities
Wellesley Cultural Council Guideline Priorities:
1. The WCC is especially interested in cultural projects that Make It New–that infuse our community with creativity, that bring new ideas and new interactive programs to Wellesley audiences. Applications for grants in support of the creation and/or display of public art, guided walking tours, lectures on subjects of cultural or scientific interest, as well as those about art, are but a few examples of the sort of new programs we seek. Repeat applicants for grants are therefore very strongly encouraged to apply to present programs different from those they’ve presented in Wellesley in previous years.
2. While preference will be given to applications for in-person programs (when possible), the WCC will consider applications to defray the operating costs of an artist or not-for-profit cultural entity that wishes to present a virtual program.
FY22 Local Guidelines
1. The Wellesley Cultural Council (WCC) will review grants for projects that begin after September 1, 2021 and which are due to be completed by December 31, 2022.
2. The deadline for applications for the 2022 fiscal year is October 15, 2021.
3. Applicants must apply electronically. Apply online by following links from www.mass-culture.org/Wellesley by October 15, 2021. Any supporting material to be considered (brochure, etc.) must accompany the electronic application.
4. The WCC requires that all applicants who are applying to create a performance, a presentation or an event that will be held in a specified place and/or with the cooperation of a specified sponsor include within their application a letter from that sponsor verifying that the applicant and the sponsor have agreed upon the use of a venue (if applicable) and have at least discussed a date for the applicant’s proposed program.
5. WCC grants generally range from $100-$1,000. The WCC gives preference to applicants that are Wellesley-based artists and/or organizations. Other successful applicants are non-resident artists who provide cultural opportunities for the Wellesley community.
6.The WCC does not help to fund administrative positions nor does it award grants for field trips.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY22 Funding List
|Roger L. Tincknell
||Ireland to America
|Wellesley Society of Artists, Inc.
|Wellesley Chamber Players
||Wellesley Chamber Players Chamber Concerts
|Wellesley Symphony Orchestra, Inc.
||WSO 2021-22 Season Six Conductors Six Voices
||Wellesley Traffic Box Art Project
|No Name Trio
||A Concert of Music for Wind Trio
||Art in the Park
||East Meets West - Tagore and Anne Sexton
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines