Waltham Cultural Council
The Waltham Cultural Council supports the arts, humanities, and sciences through grants and advocacy for nonprofit cultural organizations, schools, and artists. Through our efforts, we strive to make our community a better place to live, work, and visit. As a public investor in the arts, humanities, and sciences, we work to ensure everyone in our community has a place in our rich cultural life.
We fund activities and events that celebrate cultural diversity and local history, engage the community and increase access to arts education for Waltham youth. Priority is given to projects that support initiatives with a specific focus on diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility.
New applicants are encouraged to apply. The WCC will accept applications from Sep.1 through Oct. 15, for events that occur between July 1 of the application year and December 31 of the following calendar year.
610 Main Street
Waltham, MA 02452-5580
Connect on Social
FY22 Local Priorities
Projects that support:
– Diversity, equity and inclusion
– Neighborhood revitalization
– Exposing school-aged children to the arts
– Artist’s living and work spaces
– Celebrate local history and cultural diversity
– Involve the community and neighborhoods
– Promote arts education in schools
Focusing on the following communities:
– Communities of color
– Immigrant communities
FY22 Local Guidelines
WALTHAM CULTURAL COUNCIL LOCAL GUIDELINES
– Grant applications accepted for events that take place in Waltham and/or directly benefit Waltham citizens.
The WCC would appreciate timely notification/reminders of the time and location of events so that WCC members might attend to evaluate how funds are spent.
– Applications accepted beginning early September 2021. Applications received before that date will be discarded.
– All Massachusetts Cultural Council and Waltham Cultural Council guidelines must be followed.
– Because funds are limited, your event should be able to proceed with only partial funding from WCC.
– No materials will be returned.
– We send out notification letters as to whether your application has been approved or not, and how much funding if so, in January 2022.
– Event funded must take place in the 18-month time period from July 1 2021- December 31 2022. Grant funds must be used within this time period. If the program cannot take place in that period, unused funds will revert to the Waltham Cultural Council. Please be sure to note: The DATE and VENUE of the event must be specified in the application.
– These are reimbursement grants. Money is disbursed after events take place and a grantee sends in reimbursement materials. Reimbursements are only given for events applied for; no substitutions. Please submit your reimbursement forms as swiftly as possible before the deadline noted on your acceptance letter. Then the city can send you your check!
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines