Shutesbury Cultural Council
1 Cooleyville Road
Shutesbury, MA 01072-9766
FY22 Local Priorities
The Shutesbury Cultural Council gives priority to applicants who have secured a local venue and projects that serve the widest range of local populations.
In addition to the state criteria, applications will be evaluated using the following review criteria:
(1) community support and involvement;
(2) evidence of planning and track record;
(3) financial need; and
(4) ability to address the diverse cultural needs of the community.
FY22 Local Guidelines
The purpose of the Shutesbury Cultural Council is to promote and maintain the vitality of local cultural resources and to ensure these resources are shared within the Shutesbury community. The Council is committed to funding a diverse cross-section of activities. We support a broad variety of art forms, the ongoing work of individual artists, environmental education projects, collaborative proposals that bring together artists and other types of organizations, local cultural groups and projects that serve specific populations — youth, elders, low-income, disabled.
Applications are evaluated in terms of several review criteria: artistic or creative merit; project design; qualifications, dedication and track record of the individuals and organizations involved; physical accessibility of any facilities being used; and community benefit/involvement. Proposals from schools and libraries must not request support for activities that should be or used to be part of the municipal budget (i.e., teacher salaries, classroom supplies, school-sponsored clubs and organizations, library books/videos, etc.). Enrichment projects utilizing outside professionals are allowed. Shutesbury-based applicants are given preference over those from out of town. The council will carefully scrutinize repeated requests; such proposals should show other sources of support to show the project is not dependent solely on council funding.
Here is a list of guidelines for you to follow when submitting an application to the Shutesbury Cultural Council:
1. Applications must be postmarked by October 15.
2. You may use the application form available on this website. We do not have a form unique to the Shutesbury Cultural Council.
3. Please submit only one copy of your proposal (and please request to the MCC to streamline their process to include applying online!).
4. Your application must state, as explicitly as possible, the ways in which your program will benefit the Shutesbury community. Please remember that this must include a public benefit component as well.
5. The Shutesbury Cultural Council requests additional information be limited to one item.
6. The event must take place between January 1 and December 31 of the following year.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines