Reading Cultural Council
The Reading Cultural Council (RCC) awards grants to individuals and organizations offering cultural programs that serve the Reading community. These include school field trips, after school programs, concerts, festivals, lectures, theater, dance, music, and film. The projects take place in schools, community centers, libraries, elder care facilities, town halls, parks, and wherever our community comes together. Applications are available on September 1, 2022 and must be completed and received by October 17, 2022.
Reading Town Hall
16 Lowell Street
Reading, MA 01867-2674
FY23 Local Priorities
- Programs that serve broad segments of the community.
- Programs that are new and diverse as well as well received annual programs.
- Programs that contribute to the cultural vitality of the community as a whole.
FY23 Local Guidelines
- Programs must be performed at a venue that is accessible to Reading residents, although field trips to locations outside Reading are eligible.
- Proposals must state an approximate performance date, confirmed artist and venue.
- Programs must have alternate sources of funding and guarantee they will run with only partial RCC funding.
- Only online applications will be accepted.
- Only one application will be accepted from each organization or applicant unless multiple constituencies are being served.
- All applicants must read and adhere to the LCC Program Guidelines. You can find a copy of the guidelines by clicking on the LCC Program Guidelines link.
- Grants are reimbursement-based. Applicants awarded funding must conduct their program using their own funds and then submit paperwork for reimbursement.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY23 Funding List
|Alice M. Barrows Elementary School||Journey to Juneteenth||$765||Arts Reading, Inc.||Discover the Arts Day Cultural Festival||$2,000||Bates III, Davis R.||Celebrating the Season: A Performance for Seniors||$500||Birch Meadow Elementary School||Diverse Voices in Social Studies Enrichment||$1,000||Chin, Amy||Sound Play Family Concert||$200||Creative Arts for Kids, Inc.||New CAK Art Room||$2,000||Downtown Reading Art Walk||Downtown Reading Art Walk||$750||Five Star Theatre Company, Inc.||Five Star Theatre Program||$1,000||Greater Boston Stage Company||Discounted Tickets to Theatre for Reading Students and Seniors||$500||Helping Hands of Breakheart Reservation, Inc.||Breakheart Fall Festival||$500||Hendrickson, Autumn||Research Phase II: Reading & North Reading Involvement in WWII||$1,023||Joshua Eaton School||Multicultural Fair - Drumming Presentation||$1,000||MUSIC Dance.edu||Hip Hop Chair Dance for Seniors!||$600||McFarlane, Susan||Virtual Art Classes via Reading Pleasant Street Center||$2,000||North Reading Community Chorale||Gershwin & Friends Concert||$750||North Suburban Child & Family Resource Network||Family Concert: Sulinha's Trio with Ian Coury and Erico Menino||$500||Northeast Youth Ballet, Inc.||The Return of the Full Length Nutcracker||$500||Reading Art Association, Inc.||Art Exhibitions||$1,500||Reading Civic Concert Band, Inc.||Purchase of additional sheet music for our library||$500||Reading Community Singers, Inc.||Reading Community Singers Presents: Holiday Favorites||$2,000||Reading Engineering Teams, Inc.||Chain Reaction Event||$300||Reading Memorial High School Band Parents Organization, Inc.||Downtown Tree Lighting - Musical performance||$500||Reading Office of Equity and Social Justice||Reading Martin Luther King Day||$1,500||Reading PorchFest Committee||Reading PorchFest 2023||$900||The Delvena Theatre Company||Nun of This and Nun of That!||$625||Walter S. Parker Middle School||Purchase of Behringer X32 Sound Board for Parker Middle School Drama Program||$1,000|