Pittsfield Cultural Council
With funding from the Massachusetts Cultural Council, the Pittsfield Cultural Council (PCC) provides grants to help underwrite projects, programs, and events in the arts, humanities, and interpretive sciences. We are committed to supporting the work of local artists, cultural institutions, schools, and other groups in sustaining and enriching the diverse creative community of the city of Pittsfield, with a focus on making cultural activities accessible and engaging to all.
70 Allen Street
Pittsfield, MA 01201
Connect on Social
FY22 Local Priorities
The Pittsfield Cultural Council gathers input from the community yearly and develops funding priorities based on this feedback. This year, the Pittsfield Cultural Council will give priority to:
- Projects planned by Pittsfield artists or organizations
- Projects with a direct benefit to Pittsfield residents
- Projects that are accessible for free or at minimal cost to community members
- Projects that promote community engagement and cohesion
- Projects that reach diverse audiences, especially audiences that do not usually benefit from cultural/arts offerings
- Emerging or independent projects, with the goal of promoting new growth in the arts in Pittsfield
- Projects for which a thorough and complete budget has been presented
In addition to the LCC Program Guidelines, please note the following:
A resume or other documentation detailing the applicant’s qualifications must be included with the application.
The project location (i.e., performance venue/gallery space) and date must be secured in advance of application and a letter of confirmation from the site or sponsor must be included with the application. In this time of pandemic we wish to provide latitude to artists who are limited to presentations on a virtual platform.
Please include other funding sources in your application.
Applicants will not be funded for more than three consecutive years.
Only one application will be considered from any individual or organization during each grant cycle.
The PCC does not fund fund-raising projects or grant scholarships.
The MCC logo and the PCC logo MUST be used in all advertising materials for any project the PCC has funded. Those who fail to do so may be ineligible to receive subsequent funding. The PCC logo is available in several formats here.
Funding for each grant is at the discretion of a quorum of council members.
Applicants should understand that the council members will make every effort to provide funding to every worthy application, but not necessarily at the full amount requested by the applicant.
Beginning in FY 19, the Pittsfield Cultural Council agreed to participate in the Reimbursement to Grant Program launched by MCC in FY 18. As in the previous cycle, in FY 2022, approved grantees will receive their funding up front and not on a reimbursement basis.
FY22 Local Guidelines
Please read the following guidelines carefully. They are in addition to the LCC Program Guidelines.
- A resume (for an individual) and/or statement (for an organization) detailing the applicant’s qualifications must be included with the application.
- Slides, photographs, and other materials will not be returned unless accompanied by a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- The project location (i.e., performance venue/gallery space) and date must be secured in advance of application, and if appropriate, a letter of confirmation from the site or sponsor must be included with the application.
- Any changes to the project after approval of the original grant application must be submitted in writing (e-mail is acceptable) and approved by the Pittsfield Cultural Council in advance of those changes.
- The PCC logo MUST be used in all advertising materials for any project the PCC has funded. Those who fail to do so may be ineligible to receive subsequent funding. The PCC logo is available in several formats here.
- Funds granted are paid on a reimbursement basis, following project completion. To apply for reimbursement, use the LCC Reimbursement Form
- Grantees have one year from the date of the award letter to request reimbursement, unless the PCC approves an extension.
Please mail all applications and reimbursement requests to:
Pittsfield Cultural Council
PO Box 1192
Pittsfield, MA 01202-1192
If you have any questions, or if you need help, please contact any member of the Council, or e-mail email@example.com.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines