Northborough Cultural Council
Northborough Cultural Council’s Vision Statement:
The Northborough Cultural Council supports diversified programs in the arts, humanities and interpretive sciences for the cultural benefit and enrichment of its citizens.
We accomplish these goals by:
* Establishing funding priorities that aim to bring community-oriented arts, music, humanities and science projects to Northborough
* Forging partnerships that create and expand opportunities for the arts
* Cultivating new resources needed to promote the arts in Northborough
* Using the arts as a means for understanding among cultures
* Advocating for increased awareness and access to the arts
63 Main Street
Northborough, MA 01532-1994
Connect on Social
FY24 Local Priorities
2023 Local Council Granting Priorities & Criteria supporting the 2023-2024 Grant Cycle
NCC Funding Priorities:
1.Programs that have the maximum impact in terms of amount granted per number of Northborough residents served.
2.Programs serving Northborough residents, and programs by Northborough based organizations and individuals.
3.Programs that take place within the town of Northborough.
4.Programs that have alternative funding sources to complete the project in case of only partial funding from NCC.
5.Additional consideration given to programs that bring new community-wide activities to Northborough.
6.Additional consideration given to programs that seek to enhance the vitality of Northborough’s downtown public spaces and support/align with Northborough’s Master Plan as posted on www.town.northborough.ma.us/planning-department/pages/master-plan.
7. Additional consideration given to programs that support the most current NCC community survey as posted on www.town.northborough.ma.us/cultural-council.
Before you apply:
• Make sure you read Eligibility & Criteria on Massculturalcouncil.org and note that incomplete applications may be denied funding.
FY24 Local Guidelines
1. The venue should comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accessibility requirements
2. Grant restrictions: refreshments and scholarships. Individual students are not eligible to apply for scholarships.
3. Applicants should seek multiple sources of funding for their project
4. Incomplete grant applications may be denied funding
5. Applicant must be a Massachusetts resident
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY23 Funding List
|Assabet Valley Mastersingers, Inc.
||Coronation Celebration: A Celebratory Choral Concert with Orchestra & Soloists
||Charles River Sinfonietta, Inc.
||Performing Chamber Music for. Northborough Applefest and for Cable TV stations in the towns that support us and our other summer/fall concerts in Brockton and. Millis
||Curriculum Support Through Drama Enrichment
||Fannie E. Proctor School
||Crocodile River Music African Arts in Education Residency Program
||Greens and Blooms
||Hip Hop Chair Dance for Seniors!
||Marguerite E. Peaslee Elementary School PTO, Inc.
||Massachusetts Educational Theater Guild, Inc.
||The Massachusetts High School Drama Festival
||Northborough Area Community Chorus
||NACC 2023 Spring and Christmas Programs
||Northborough Community Affairs Committee
||2023 Summer Concert Series
||Northborough Free Library
||Northborough Historical Society, Inc.
||“Eleanor Roosevelt – The First Lady of The World” as portrayed by Sheryl Faye
||Northborough Town Common Committee
||Family Music at Applefest Farmer's Market
||Open Mic Cafe Northborough - Open Mic
||St. Bernadette's Elementary School
||A Day with Artist Rob Surette
||The Trail to Oregon
||Women of Note, Inc.
||Women of Note 2022-2023 Concert Season
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines