Northborough Cultural Council
Northborough Cultural Council’s Vision Statement:
The Northborough Cultural Council supports diversified programs in the arts, humanities and interpretive sciences for the cultural benefit and enrichment of its citizens.
We accomplish these goals by:
* Establishing funding priorities that aim to bring community-oriented arts, music, humanities and science projects to Northborough
* Forging partnerships that create and expand opportunities for the arts
* Cultivating new resources needed to promote the arts in Northborough
* Using the arts as a means for understanding among cultures
* Advocating for increased awareness and access to the arts
63 Main Street
Northborough, MA 01532-1994
FY23 Local Priorities
NCC Funding Priorities:
1. Programs in the Arts, Humanities, and Sciences that have the maximum impact, serving the largest number of Northborough residents, including the ratio of dollars spent to the number served.
2. Programs by Northborough based organizations and individuals that take place within the town of Northborough.
3. Programs that are financial collaboratives between various organizations where NCC grants are not the sole source of funding.
4. Programs that seek to enhance the vitality of Northborough’s public spaces and support/align with Northborough’s Master Plan as posted on ww.town.northborough.ma.us/planning-department/pages/master-plan.
5. Programs that support the most current NCC community survey:
• Live Community Events for Music, Art, Dance, Food, and/or Play Performances
• In-Person Educational Programs for Nature, Environment, and the Arts
6. Additional consideration will be given to emerging Northborough artists engaging in small scale events and new to the granting process.
FY23 Local Guidelines
1. The venue should comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accessibility requirements
2. Grant restrictions: refreshments and scholarships. Individual students are not eligible to apply for scholarships.
3. Applicants should seek multiple sources of funding for their project
4. Incomplete grant applications may be denied funding
5. Applicant must be a Massachusetts resident
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY23 Funding List
|Assabet Valley Mastersingers, Inc.||Coronation Celebration: A Celebratory Choral Concert with Orchestra & Soloists||$500||Black, Barbara||Spring Concert||$225||Charles River Sinfonietta, Inc.||Performing Chamber Music for. Northborough Applefest and for Cable TV stations in the towns that support us and our other summer/fall concerts in Brockton and. Millis||$300||Charles, Meredith||Curriculum Support Through Drama Enrichment||$300||Fannie E. Proctor School||Crocodile River Music African Arts in Education Residency Program||$600||Hayden, Elisabeth||Greens and Blooms||$300||MUSIC Dance.edu||Hip Hop Chair Dance for Seniors!||$250||Marguerite E. Peaslee Elementary School PTO, Inc.||Historical Women||$450||Massachusetts Educational Theater Guild, Inc.||The Massachusetts High School Drama Festival||$370||Northborough Area Community Chorus||NACC 2023 Spring and Christmas Programs||$475||Northborough Community Affairs Committee||2023 Summer Concert Series||$1,000||Northborough Free Library||Chinese Calligraphy||$350||Northborough Historical Society, Inc.||“Eleanor Roosevelt – The First Lady of The World” as portrayed by Sheryl Faye||$300||Northborough Town Common Committee||Family Music at Applefest Farmer's Market||$400||Pandit, Aditya||Open Mic Cafe Northborough - Open Mic||$200||St. Bernadette's Elementary School||A Day with Artist Rob Surette||$350||Telepman, Josh||The Trail to Oregon||$175||Women of Note, Inc.||Women of Note 2022-2023 Concert Season||$450|