Northborough Cultural Council
Northborough Cultural Council’s Vision Statement:
The Northborough Cultural Council supports diversified programs in the arts, humanities and interpretive sciences for the cultural benefit and enrichment of its citizens.
We accomplish these goals by:
Establishing funding priorities that aim to bring community-oriented arts, music, humanities and science projects to Northborough.
Forging partnerships that create and expand opportunities for the arts.
Cultivating new resources needed to promote the arts in Northborough.
Using the arts as a means for understanding among cultures.
Advocating for increased awareness and access to the arts.
63 Main Street
Northborough, MA 01532-1994
Connect on Social
FY22 Local Priorities
Northborough Cultural Council (NCC) Granting Priorities & Criteria
1. Priority is given to applicants located in Northborough
2. Priority is given to events that primarily serve the residents of Northborough
3. Priority is given to those programs that support the results of our most current community survey and are (in no specific order):
? Family oriented
? Serving young adults
? Serving individuals with disabilities
? Events and professional development programs enhancing education at schools in the areas of arts, humanities or interpretive sciences
? Community-wide in scope
? Multi-cultural and presenting new ideas; expanding artistic variety & diversity
4. Virtual programs are also acceptable. It is understood that due to ongoing COVID-19 concerns, a shift in medium may be required with associated costs. However, priority is given to virtual programs that target Northborough audiences or town related culture.
Additional guidelines for applicants submitting operational costs*:
5. Priority is given to operational costs* that are specific and clearly deleneated, and that help organizations/artists deal with current challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, such as moving toward virtual programming.
* Examples of operational costs: renting performance space, creating costumes or materials, education technology for virtual programs, funds to maintain a clean and socially distanced environment, purchases of materials, etc.
All applications are to be submitted online at massculturalcouncil.org. All grant requests should support the mission of the Mass Cultural Council.
FY22 Local Guidelines
Northborough Cultural Council (NCC) Granting Guidelines
1. Submissions should reflect the Arts, Humanities, and Sciences:
? Arts: performing, visual, media, folk, design, literary, and inter-disciplinary
? Humanities: types of learning that deal with human values and aspirations, human thought and culture, language, and creativity. Examples include, but are not limited to history, social studies, philosophy, criticism, and literature.
? Sciences: science, and technology in ways that explain how they relate to people’s lives such as aquariums, botanical gardens, nature centers, natural history museums, planetariums, and science centers.
2. The venue should comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accessibility requirements.
3. Grant restrictions: refreshments and scholarships. Individual students are not eligible to apply for scholarships.
4. NCC grant funds should not be the sole source of funding for the project.
5. All applications are to be submitted online at massculturalcouncil.org.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY22 Funding List
|Algonquin Regional High School
||The Power of a Personal Story
|Northborough Area Community Chorus
||NACC 51st Spring and Winter Programs
||Hip Hop Dance Chair Exercise for Seniors!
|Assabet Valley Mastersingers, Inc.
||Assabet Valley Mastersingers Concert Season
||Folktales from Asia
|Davis R. Bates III
||A Celtic Celebration: An Inter-generational Performance
||8th Annual Soular Jazz Festival
|Northborough Free Library
||Chinese Brush Painting
||Struggle for Women's' Equality-An International Poster Exhibit
|Women of Note, Inc.
||Women of Note 2021-2022 Concert Season
|Fannie E. Proctor School
||CRS present programs on Cable TV or chamber music concerts for Applefest or around that time
||Giggles, Games and Grandfriends!
|Northborough Historical Society, Inc.
||CHALLENGER: Soaring high with Christa McAulliffe
|St. Bernadette's Elementary School
||Art Alive! An Interactive Art Gallery!
|Northborough Community Affairs Committee
||2022 Summer Concert Series
|National Art Honor Society of Algonquin Regional High School
||Trim-A-Trail and Wish Tree Fulfillment
|Northborough Town Common Committee
||Family Music at Farmer's Market
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines