North Reading Cultural Council
The North Reading Cultural Council (NRCC) is a group of volunteers from the North Reading community who have been appointed by the town’s Select Board. The purpose of the NRCC is to enhance, elevate, and enrich cultural life within our community by funding arts, humanities, and science projects. The NRCC receives an annual grant from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts via the Massachusetts Cultural Council, and through a competitive grant application process, the NRCC funds projects in the arts, humanities, and sciences that expand access to cultural activities and events in the community.
Thank you for your interest in the North Reading Cultural Council and the grants available for the upcoming year (FY2023). Please review our local priorities and contact us if you have any questions.
North Reading Town Hall
235 North Street
North Reading, MA 01864-1260
FY23 Local Priorities
North Reading Cultural Council Funding Priorities:
For each submitted application that meets the state’s eligibility requirements and criteria for funding, the Council will use the following to further compare and assess each project’s merit against others in the year’s application pool:
(1) top priority will be given to applications in which the applicant is a resident of North Reading or is collaborating with North Reading sponsors. For the latter, a letter from the North Reading sponsor, indicating their support for / role in the project, is to be included with the application at the same time it is submitted.
(2) applications with project dates defined as clearly as they can be will be favored.
(3) favor will be given to projects reaching under-served populations in North Reading.
(4) when reviewing school-based applications, favor will be given to projects when they clearly articulate how the project works to enhance the school’s curriculum.
(5) in order to fund broadly within the community as recommended by the state council; repeat applicants and programs will be given a lower priority.
(6) projects that reach a cross-section of generations in North Reading will be favored when possible; additionally the size of the intended audience will be taken into account.
FY23 Local Guidelines
Information not provided
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY23 Funding List
|Bucher-Walsh, Kelly||Storytime Theatre||$400||Chinese Cultural Exchange of the Andovers, Inc.||Chinese New Year Celebration||$250||Daniel, Don||The Just A Minute Festival||$500||Dracut Performing Arts Series, Inc.||Dracut Arts 2023 Season||$750||Greater Boston Stage Company||Discounted Tickets to Theatre for North Reading Students and Seniors||$1,000||Hendrickson, Autumn||Research Phase II: Reading & North Reading Involvement in WWII||$1,000||MUSIC Dance.edu||Hip Hop Chair Dance for Seniors!||$500||MUSIC Dance.edu||I am Autistic I am Fantastic||$580||Massachusetts Educational Theater Guild, Inc.||The Massachusetts High School Drama Festival||$750||Morales, Marilyn||Always Remember - Showcase from the world premiere||$500||Newman, Howard||Knock on Wood, acoustic folk-rock duo||$500||North Reading Community Chorale||"Gershwin & Friends" Concert||$1,000||North Reading Human Rights Group||BIPOC Market||$400||North Reading Middle School||Tanglewood Marionettes||$980||North Reading Middle School||The Visiting Mexican Artists Program: The Dancing Chickens of Ventura Fabian||$400||North Suburban Child & Family Resource Network||Hula La Family Concert||$850||Smith, Patrick||Afternoon of Brass #2||$500||The Delvena Theatre Company||Nun of This and Nun of That!||$625||The Musary, JRP Inc.||Musary Musical Instrument Lending Acquisitions||$500|