Norfolk Cultural Council
Norfolk Cultural Council works to support arts and culture programs in and around the town of Norfolk.
1 Liberty Lane
Norfolk, MA 02056-1499
Connect on Social
FY23 Local Priorities
For 2023, the Norfolk Cultural Council is giving priority to grant applications for projects and programs that meet one or more of the following:
– Held within Norfolk and/or are of the greatest benefit to Norfolk residents
– Programs that are service-oriented and best meet the current needs of our community
– Programs that elevate the voices and experiences of historically marginalized groups to promote increased inclusivity in and around Norfolk
– Programs that are able to link culture and the arts to emotional well-being in times of crisis, and contribute to personal and community resiliency
The applicant’s project must be clearly related to the arts, humanities, civics, history or interpretive sciences, and embody the following values of the Massachusetts Cultural Council: Mass Cultural Council works to elevate our rich cultural life in Massachusetts. We partner with communities across the Commonwealth to expand access, improve education, promote diversity, and encourage excellence in the arts, humanities and sciences. Through our efforts, we make our state a better place to live, work, and visit for everyone.
Acknowledgement of Norfolk Cultural Council support must be given during the program or project and verification of such must be provided for grant payout.
FY23 Local Guidelines
The applicant’s project must provide adequate public benefit for the Norfolk community and provide adequate public access. Explanation of handicap accessibility of the venue, if applicable, must be included in application.
– The applicant must have a clear, written commitment of event from sponsoring organization or venue.
– Funding for the applicant’s project must not substitute for or replace other public funding of programs in the arts, humanities, civics, history or interpretive sciences.
– Admission costs for events will be taken into consideration during grant approval process and must be included in your application.
Applicants must take into consideration local and state COVID-19 guidelines in place at the time of their event. The Norfolk Cultural Council acknowledges that the COVID-19 pandemic has disproportionately impacted Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) and encourage applicants/applications that take this into consideration.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY22 Funding List
||Songs and Stories - The Highwaymen
|Self Help, Inc.
||Art Education for Young Children
||Monday Night Live - Broadway and the Classics
|Stepanek, Julie A.
|Bates III, Davis R.
||A Celtic Celebration: Performance for Seniors
||A Cultural and Historical Reflection of the 1960s through the Music of The Beatles
|Bates III, Davis R.
||Oceans of Possibilities: A Summer Reading Performance
||Maker Space Build Along: Chain Reactions!
||Pamela Means Presents The Power of the Protest Song: Our Shared History & Present Day Struggles
|Norfolk Recreation Department
||Norfolk Summer Concert Series
|The Un-Common Theatre Company, Inc
||Spring Production – The Addams Family
|Museum of American Bird Art at Mass Audubon
||Nature in Your Neighborhood
||Norfolk: Do Your Art!
||Hip Hop Dance Chair Exercise for Seniors!
|Neponset Choral Society, Inc.
||2021-2022 Concert Season
||The 2022 LiveARTS Concert Series
|Roundabout Productions, Inc.
||Summer Musical: Be More Chill
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines