Newbury Cultural Council
The Newbury Cultural Council consists of a group of residents from the three villages of Newbury devoted to making thoughtful decisions about grants funding that best serves the arts and sciences needs of the Newbury community.
12 Kent Way
c/o Newbury Town Hall
Newbury, MA 01922
FY22 Local Priorities
We look for applications providing arts and cultural programs in public venues in Newbury, as well as those in neighboring communities, that offer cultural experiences for our residents. We strive to fund programs that serve a wide variety of people and interests, and especially those that offer the potential to bring the community together.
To be considered for funding, grant applications should include venue specifics, details about the program, intended audience, and a clear mission for serving the Newbury community.
FY22 Local Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in applying for an arts grant. Please consider the following guidelines as you develop your application:
– Eligible applicants can be any individual or organization involved with the Visual Arts, Performing Arts, Humanities, or Interpretive Sciences.
– The artistic activity must directly benefit the Newbury community or be Newbury-based.
– The EXACT DATE AND VENUE of the exhibition, performance, demonstration, or event MUST be specified (if the event takes place over several days, weeks or months the timeframe must be specified). The application must also include the name and contact information of the local person responsible for hosting the event. Applications omitting this information will not be considered.
– The venue for the event must be accessible for all abilities.
– Applications must be submitted through the Mass Cultural Council website per instructions
– The application deadline is October 15th with no exceptions.
– Recipients must clearly acknowledge funding from the Newbury Cultural Council during an activity or event. The Massachusetts Cultural Council logo, with the Newbury Cultural Council designation, must be displayed in all published materials and announcements.
– For more information, please contact the Newbury Cultural Council at email@example.com.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines