Millbury Cultural Council
To Inspire excellence, access, education and diversity in the Arts, Humanities and Interpretive Sciences in order to improve the quality for all Millbury residents.
127 Elm Street
Millbury, MA 01527-2632
Connect on Social
FY22 Local Priorities
This year the Millbury Cultural Council will give priority to:
Grants that fund new programming.
Grants from local applicants and local artists.
Grants that demonstrate collaboration/involvement of other town groups/organizations.
Grants that will collectively demonstrate a wide range of programming that reflects the diversity of our community.
FY22 Local Guidelines
The Millbury Cultural Council Guidelines are specific criteria that Millbury’s local cultural council has determined will enhance and encourage cultural events offered to various groups in Millbury. The following guidelines are considered when awarding grants:
1. Applications must be postmarked on or before October 15 (additional applications may be accessed through www.massculturalcouncil.org/applications). Programs must be presented between January 1-December 31, 2014.
2. The Millbury Cultural Council encourages eligible applicants to secure additional funding through collaboration or other sources as the Council may only award partial funding.
3. Preference will be given to applicants who live or work in Millbury, and who offer programs and presentations that specifically benefit a wide range of audiences in the Millbury community.
4. An applicant who is funded two successive years will have lower priority in the third year.
5. Applicants should have an arranged venue for their activity and a date (if a specific date is not available, please give general timeframe).
6. Activities must take place in a handicap accessible facility.
7. The qualifications of the individuals/organizations involved and the population segments served will be reviewed.
8. Applicants should submit letters of support, critical reviews, slides, tapes or portfolios as appropriate.
Field Trip grants fund students in grades preK-12 to attend performing arts events in facilities outside of their schools. Maximum reimbursement for admission to events or institutions will be up to $12 or less. The children must attend performances that do not take place in a school during normal school hours. Field trip grants may be used for transportation at the Council’s discretion.
Historically, the Council gives a minimum of 50% of its funding to programs that target families, teens and seniors. In a recent survey of community preference, these groups were ranked the highest.
Applications can be sent to: Millbury Cultural Council, Millbury Town Hall, 127 Elm Street, Millbury, MA 01527. Any questions may be directed to chair Claire Forgues. Revised 9/1/14.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines