Martha's Vineyard Cultural Council
The Martha’s Vineyard Cultural Council is part of the Massachusetts Cultural Council’s Local Cultural Council program, formed more than a quarter century ago. The MVCC’s mission is to promote excellence, access, education, and diversity in the arts, humanities and interpretative sciences for the purpose of improving the quality of life for all of the Island’s residents.
1059 State Road
West Tisbury, MA 02575-5003
Connect on Social
FY23 Local Priorities
-Priority will be given to projects that benefit the community of Martha’s Vineyard.
FY23 Local Guidelines
The council evaluates each grant application based on the extent to which it meets the following criteria:
– The project promotes excellence, access, education, and diversity in the arts, humanities, and interpretive sciences for the purpose of improving the quality of life for all the island’s residents.
– The project is widely accessible to island residents.
– The proposal addresses an identifiable and relevant need in the MV community.
– The project’s objectives are clearly stated, and the outcomes are realistic and attainable.
– There are qualified, dependable individuals in place to carry out the project to its completion.
– There is a clear plan to promote and market the project to the community.
– The budget is complete and thorough.
– In the event that the project receives less than requested, the applicant has other potential sources of support or a plan for scaling the project back.
Please note: Grant applicants who are not based on Martha’s Vineyard must include a letter of support from a Martha’s Vineyard partner or host specifically describing how their project would benefit the Island community. If a letter of support is not included, the project will not be eligible for consideration.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY23 Funding List
A grant list will be published here after January 17, 2023 and once the Local Cultural Council has finalized their decisions.
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines