Lincoln Cultural Council
The Lincoln Cultural Council (LCC) promotes and supports community events and individual artists’ endeavors. There is a special emphasis on providing grants to an assortment of programs that in aggregate represent a diverse cross-section of activities that appeal to various age groups.
Members of the council are volunteers who are committed to artistic expression and creative works and who are appointed by the Lincoln Board of Selectmen to represent the town.
Lincoln Town Offices
16 Lincoln Road
Lincoln, MA 01773-2009
Connect on Social
FY23 Local Priorities
The Lincoln Cultural Council regularly gathers input from our community and develops funding priorities based on this feedback. Based on our review of the most recent survey, the Lincoln Cultural Council will give priority to projects that:
? Provide work for performing artists severely impacted by the pandemic
? Have a backup plan in place for in-person events
? Show an ability to successfully present a virtual experience (if applicable)
? Have secured a local venue (if applicable, due to limits on group gatherings)
? Serve families and/or the elderly
? Focus on local history
? Focus on environmental issues and the natural world
? Present performances in various art forms
? Are collaborations between multiple artists or arts organizations.
FY23 Local Guidelines
What to include with your application:
– Specific information including when and where the proposed program will occur
– Back-up material including resumes, letters, press releases
– Accurate budget information (both the budgeting and the arithmetic) on page 2 of the application
– A signed copy of this policy statement to indicate you have read it and agree to comply
Additional factors that we consider:
– Artistic excellence
– Maximum community/audience impact
– How this application fits with the total mix of funded applications
If your grant is approved, you must:
– Publicize the activity, program, or service within the Lincoln community.
Suggested approaches include:
o Event listings in local newspapers (Lincoln Journal, Boston Globe, etc.)
o Social Media (FaceBook, Instagram, etc.)
o Posters prominently displayed around town
o Targeted or town-wide mailings
o Minilink, PO Newsletter or Principals’ Newsletters for programs related to school-aged children
o Notices on the town’s local cable television channel
o Electronic mail
o Internet websites
– Include the required sponsorship notice and logo on any and all publicity, including, but not limited to those listed above
o “This program is supported in part by a grant from the Lincoln Cultural Council, a local agency which is supported by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency.”
– Hold the program in a location which is accessible and meets the ADA Title II requirements for integrated access for disabled persons
o If handicapped accessibility is not possible, discuss with your contact on the Lincoln Cultural Council to see if a modification is possible
– Funding may be denied to programs not conducted in a handicapped accessible location which do not provide an opportunity for the LCC to address the problem.
Please note: Members of the LCC are volunteers who help applicants in an advisory role. They are happy to provide information and to point you in the right direction to ensure a successful event. They are not available to publicize your event, make arrangements for facilities or to provide other direct labor.
To get paid, you must:
– Submit your request for payment on the Massachusetts Cultural Council Local Cultural Council Reimbursement form for LCC and Field Trip Grants
– Include taxpayer ID number (Social Security number for an individual)
– Include applicable supporting documentation
o Receipts and/or invoices from performer, instructor, etc.
o Receipts and/or invoices for transportation associated with event
o Receipts and/or invoices for cost of space rental
o Statement from local organization certifying that the event occurred
o Documentation of publicity showing the inclusion of required acknowledgement statement
– Only expenses included in the originally submitted budget are eligible for reimbursement
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY23 Funding List
A grant list will be published here after January 17, 2023 and once the Local Cultural Council has finalized their decisions.
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines