Leominster Cultural Council
The Leominster Cultural Council is one of approximately 329 councils serving all 351 Massachusetts cities and towns.
Our responsibility is to award grants that address the cultural needs and wants of the Leominster community.
The Council carefully evaluates and awards grants that support the arts, sciences and humanities to improve and contribute to the diversity of our community,
The grants are funded with the policies and guidelines set by the Massachusetts Cultural Council with the annual amount subject to legislative appropriations.
25 West Street
Leominster, MA 01453-5647
FY22 Local Priorities
The Leominster Cultural Council gathers input from the community and develops funding priorities based on this feedback. Priority is given to applications from local artists and organizations, or groups that have secured a local venue (specific date, audience, etc.).
The LCC typically receives requests totaling more than twice the amount of money available for us to grant. The goal of the LCC is to provide some funding to as many qualified projects as we can; therefore, most projects receive only partial funding.
The Council will make grant money available in full to grantees once their projects are approved and the required paperwork is submitted. In addition to the State guidelines, applications will be evaluated using the criteria listed in the section below.
FY22 Local Guidelines
LEOMINSTER CULTURAL COUNCIL
GRANT APPLICATION GUIDELINES———-
1. The application MUST be completed online. NO paper applications will be accepted.
2. An application from a non-Leominster resident REQUIRES a letter of support from an organization/group/individual who resides in Leominster, or a letter from the performance/project venue located in Leominster.
3. The application encourages new and unique artistic/cultural experiences.
4. The application is a collaborative project between cultural and community groups.
5. The application shows a match of cash or in-kind services equal to the funds requested.
6. An application from a previous grantee may be denied if the Final Report for that grant has not been submitted within 2 weeks after the event is held.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines