Lenox Cultural Council
The Lenox Cultural Council, with funding from the Mass. Cultural Council and the Town of Lenox, awards grants to organizations and individuals to help underwrite projects, programs and events in the arts, humanities and sciences in order to foster a rich cultural life for Lenox residents. We are committed to supporting the work of local artists, cultural institutions, schools and other groups with a focus on making cultural activities accessible and engaging to all. New and innovative project, including virtual, are encouraged. Applications that provide free or low cost programs/events will be given priority. The Council is pleased to award funding to programs that fit within the above criteria and that of the Mass. Cultural Council, to the extent the State allocation allows.
Arlene D. Schiff
6 Walker Street
Lenox, MA 01240-2730
FY22 Local Priorities
1) Underwrite projects, programs and events in the arts, humanities and sciences in order to foster a rich and cultural life for Lenox residents.
2) Support the work of local artists, cultural institutions, school and other groups with a focus on making cultural activities accessible and engaging to all.
3) New and innovative projects, including virtual, are encouraged.
4) Applications that provide free or low cost programs/events will be given priority
5) 2019 Community survey feedback suggested focus be on Community-wide
gatherings: festivals, concerts, plays; Arts education in the schools; Projects celebrating local history, cultural diversity and Nature, science and environmental education projects.
6) 2019 Community survey feedback suggested funding focus on programs/events that benefit families, low-income, teens, seniors and immigrant communities
7) If you are not a Berkshire-based potential grantee, please note in your application a Berkshire-based organization you have partnered with for your program/event
8) If your program is on-going, please provide information on the number of Lenox residents you served in the last 3 years
9) The Lenox Cultural Council logo must be used in all advertising materials for any project the LCC has funded. Those who fail to do so may be ineligible to receive subsequent funding. The LCC logo is available in several formats.
FY22 Local Guidelines
– Town based applicants are given preference over those from out of town.
– Priority will be given to projects and programs that benefit the Lenox community.
– Preference is given to applications that are clear and specific about the activities that are being proposed.
– New applications and innovative proposals are encouraged, but the applicant must have a sponsor or venue.
– Council funds are not intended as the sole source of funding on projects, we encourage applicants to seek additional funding support for their programs and projects.
– The Cultural Council does NOT fund administrative costs for salaried staff, support staff or volunteers, fund-raising projects or food and beverages.
– F140Applications must have a postmark of October 15th and must be typed, complete and signed. Please submit one complete application.G140
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines