Hatfield Cultural Council
The Hatfield Cultural Council’s purpose is to support programs that promote excellence in the arts, humanities and interpretive sciences. We aim to provide funding for a broad scope of projects that benefit our local community.
C/O Town Hall
59 Main Street
Hatfield, MA 01038-9702
FY24 Local Priorities
The Hatfield Cultural Council is particularly interested in receiving grant applications for projects/events that:
a) We prioritize funding for historically under-funded and marginalized communities including Black, Indigenous, and People of Color communities, individuals with disabilities, low-income communities, and individual artists.
b) Revitalization projects that weave meaningful art into our community, and/or opportunities for expanded understanding and humanity.
c) Community art projects and/or artistic learning opportunities that include to a variety of population groups in our community.
c) Events that create community-wide gathering opportunities, centered around the arts and culture such as concerts, sing-alongs, square dance, exhibits, screenings.
We are particularly interested in grant applications that involve visual arts, which may include community art projects and/or artistic learning opportunities that include a variety of population groups in our community.
FY24 Local Guidelines
1. Projects must take place in Hatfield, with the exception of field trips originating in Hatfield.
2. Projects must be well planned: including appropriate support materials detailing a specified date, time, and location and a well-planned adjustment for the project, if the council is unable to fund the entire amount requested.
3. Projects must demonstrate community support (i.e. letter of support to use a town space, letter of support from a group or organization, letter from appropriate staff person or school organization for a school program) and outline how they benefit the public.
4. Limit of one funding request application per applicant per grant cycle.
5. Only online applications submitted via the online application system will be accepted.
6. Programs should be designed with for accessibility, and inclusion in mind.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY23 Funding List
||Hatfield Public Library
||Carrie Ferguson and The Grumpytime Club Band
||Free Concert by Jeff Gavioli and his BAD NEWS JAZZ AND BLUES ORCHESTRA featuring Cindy Reed
||Who Are You Productions
||Harvest at 50 by Neil Young presented by HARVEST & RUST
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines