Freetown Cultural Council
The Freetown Cultural Council is dedicated to bringing community together through events and programs designed for children and adults.
We believe that art, education, and celebration is a fundamental part of our community and we are committed to bringing the arts to the public and the public to the arts.
As a member of the Mass Cultural Council we are able to offer funding to community groups, musicians, story tellers, artists, schools, theatrical groups, and nature preservationists who create art and educational programs for the community, sharing their talent and ideas to enrich the lives of those who participate.
PO Box 438
3 North Main Street
Freetown, MA 02702-1117
FY22 Local Priorities
The Freetown Cultural Council will be accepting online and paper applications for FY2020. Paper applications will be available upon request.
The Freetown Cultural Council gathers input from the community and develops funding priorities based on this feedback. This year the Freetown Cultural Council will give priority to:
* Applications that have secured a local venue or a local performer or performance
* Projects that serve youth or the elderly
* Projects that focus on local history
In addition to the state criteria applications will be evaluated using the following review criteria:
* How well the program meets our local priorities
* Community support and involvement
* Evidence of track record and dedication of the applicant
* Ability to address the diverse cultural needs of a community’s underserved populations or support diverse forms of cultural activities
* Financial need
* Demonstrated planning
FY22 Local Guidelines
The Freetown Cultural Council welcomes input from the community and anyone who would like to share their thoughts about programming, or would like to become an active member, may email us at FCC@freetownma.gov.
Grant applications my be submitted via the Mass Cultural Council website https://mass-culture.org/
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines