Fitchburg Cultural Council
The Fitchburg Cultural Council is committed to supporting diverse and inspiring programs for its residents. These programs: arts, science and humanities provide cultural enrichment in the everyday lives of our community. We serve as a conduit for conveying artistic and culturally based activities through community programs and grant solicitation. The selection of recipients and awarding of funds for grant recipients is primarily made possible from resources from the Massachusetts Cultural Council as well as fundraising endeavors and other charitable donations
¡LLAME PARA NUEVOS MIEMBRO Buscando: Artistas • Estudiantes • Contadores • Multilingües ¡Y cualquier persona interesada en involucrarse con las artes y la cultura en nuestra comunidad! Asista a nuestras reuniones mensuales que están abiertas al público. Envíenos un correo electrónico hoy a Fitchburg.MCC@gmail.com para obtener más información.
Check our our Community Calendar on our city hall webpage for important dates and events, meeting info, fcc funded and community events.
>The FCC meets on the 3rd Tuesday from 4:30-5:30 pm at the Legislative Building at The Fitchburg City Hall. Meetings air on FB Live and replayed on FATV.
Check out our new show, FCC TV on Fitchburg Access Television or online.
Grant training Sessions:
Thursday, 9/15/22, 5:30-6:30 PM, at Fitchburg Public Library, Ethnic Meeting Room
Attendees will be guided through the entire application and reporting process, leaving time for questions at the end. There will be two Grant training sessions held during the Fy23 open application season in person and virtually. Please email us if you would like to attend via zoom or check out www.Linktr.ee/FitchburgCulturalCouncil
Join our fb group:
Visit our city hall webpage: www.fitchburgma.gov/708/Cultural-Council
Tamar Russell Brown, Chairperson
718 Main Street
Fitchburg, MA 01420-3125
Connect on Social
FY23 Local Priorities
FCC FY2023 Grant Season Priorities:
All applications and supplemental materials must be submitted online. For special assistance, contact The Fitchburg Cultural Council via email: Fitchburg.email@example.com. For additional questions, call The Mayor’s office at (978) 829-1800.
Based on feedback collected January-August 2022, the Fitchburg Cultural Council will prioritize the following:
1) Priority will be given to applicants who live or work in Fitchburg and/or who offer programs and presentations that specifically benefit the Fitchburg community. Priority will be given to programs that specifically benefit families, people of color, and those in lower income brackets.
2) Types of Programs: Priority will be given to Communitywide gatherings and events (festivals, concerts, theater/plays, etc); public art & beautification programs (ex. murals); and programs that assist or address affordable artist housing, workspaces, and performance venues.
3) Publicity: Priority will be given to applicants that describe a marketing plan detailing action steps to promote their program to Fitchburg residents. For example: local newspapers, newsletters, mass mailings, banners, and flyers all around Fitchburg (Main St-Mill St, Library, City Hall, Community Centers, etc.) and online (social media, evite, youtube, community calendars, official website, etc.) Programs or projects that spread awareness of Fitchburg programs locally and beyond are also encouraged.*
* This does not include grant requests for rent or housing. LCC funding supports public programs in the arts, humanities, and sciences. Space rental fees for a specific program can be included in your project/program budget, but we cannot fund rent or housing outright.
4) Program Location: In-person programs that offer effective virtual options (i.e. hybrid) will be prioritized. Virtual programs that collaborate with Fitchburg Access Television and invest in bilingual (especially Spanish) and ASL translators will be prioritized over virtual programs that do not.
FY23 Local Guidelines
1) Out-of-town applicants: If you do not live or work in the City of Fitchburg, you are required to provide a letter of support from a local partner. A commitment letter from the venue is sufficient.
2) Date(s) and Venue Commitment Letter Required: All applicants must provide a commitment letter from their venue detailing the date(s) and location. Applicants MUST specify at least one arranged venue for their activity and a specific date or range of dates.
3) Partners and Advisors: When you are listing local contributors / partners, please provide names and list their qualifications and in what way they will be assisting you.
4) Virtual Programming guidelines: Applicants for virtual programming application must reside in North Central Massachusetts or the program must have campaigns promoting specifically to the Fitchburg Community.
View: FY23 Fitchburg Public Input Survey results: here.
Notes on Funding:
Funding Limits: The Fitchburg Cultural Council may initiate a funding limit on grants in order to fund as many viable projects as possible. Last year, the highest award was approximately $1,537. If after granting monies to all viable projects, there are still remaining funds to be disbursed, the council will award additional funds to the priorities listed above.
Funding Sources: As always, we encourage Applicants to seek multiple sources of funding. On your application, you MUST list all other sources of financial assistance and grants that you have applied for and/or received. If your project will NOT happen without funding from the Fitchburg Cultural Council, you MUST let us know. For links to other programs and grants offered by the Mass Cultural Council, please visit: https://massculturalcouncil.org/about/programs-a-z
Grant Training Sessions:
There will be a Grant Training Session held during the 2023 open application season. Attendees will be guided through the entire application and reporting process leaving time for questions at the end.
At The Fitchburg Public Library
Hybrid (in-person and via Zoom)
A second training will be held via social media if needed.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY23 Funding List
A grant list will be published here after January 17, 2023 and once the Local Cultural Council has finalized their decisions.
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines