Fairhaven Cultural Council
The Fairhaven Cultural Council participates in the Massachusetts Cultural Council’s Direct Grants system. Direct Grants enable LCCs to process grant monies upfront, rather than waiting until after the grantee completes their project.
The council will make grant money immediately available in full to grantees once their projects have been approved and the council receives all required paperwork from the grantee. Upon completion of your program, you will be required to submit a final report to the Local Cultural Council verifying that your project adhered to the proposal, local and state guidelines, and provides proof of properly crediting the LCC and the MCC in all publicity.
Please read the full Direct Grant System Guidelines at https://massculturalcouncil.org/documents/lccguidelines_direct_grant.pdf
(copy and paste this link into your browser)
40 Center Street
Fairhaven, MA 02719-2995
FY23 Local Priorities
– Priority will be given to first-time applicants in Fairhaven
– Successful proposals will demonstrate a clear benefit to Fairhaven residents
– Priority will be given to grants for programs or projects that take place in and/or are specifically related to the culture and history of Fairhaven
FY23 Local Guidelines
LOCAL GUIDELINES FOR THE FAIRHAVEN CULTURAL COUNCIL (FCC)
– Time Line: This council funds projects taking place during the calendar year (Jan. 2023-Dec. 2023). The grant application period begins Sept. 1st. Applications must be submitted online by Oct. 15th, 2021.
– Non-dependency Policy: The council encourages applicants to solicit additional funds and usually limits applicants to 3 consecutive years of funding for the same project.
– Field Trip Grants: The council accepts applications for field trips from all eligible groups (schools, non-profit organizations, etc.). Ticket and transportation costs are considered.
– All grant recipients and denials will be notified in writing by the end of December.
– Grant recipients will be expected to submit itemized receipts showing that grant monies were used for appropriate expenses.
SUBMITTING your APPLICATION:
– Application are available online.
– Include a letter from your venue, local sponsor or host organization verifying the location of your project or performance.
– Specify a projected date for the event, project or performance. Optional- Support Materials: Support material includes any media or printed material, publicity, reviews, photos, resumes, letters of support from sponsors, etc.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY23 Funding List
|Bates III, Davis R.||Celebrating the Season: A Performance for Seniors||$500||Butts, Elizabeth||Bagpipe Informative Performance||$200||Dworkin, Motoko||Origami Storigami||$500||Hurlbut, Steven M.||Jumpin' Juba Senior Concert||$350||Ingoldsby, Joseph||Cooke Memorial Park Basin Garden||$500||Lappen, Henry||Henry the Juggler Performance||$450||M.O.L.I.F.E., Inc.||Field Trip to Boston Science Museum||$1,500||New Bedford Festival Theatre, Inc.||Go, Go, Go! New Bedford Festival Theatre's Summer Academy 2023||$1,200||New Bedford Festival Theatre, Inc.||Helping Fairhaven Students “Ease On Down the Road” to New Bedford Festival Theatre’s The Wiz: Funding Transportation Costs for a Student Matinee Opportunity||$2,100||New Bedford Fishing Heritage Center, Inc.||Histories and Mysteries: Local Fishing History and Global Fishing Mythology||$500||North Fairhaven Improvement Association, Inc.||Music Night in the Gazebo||$500||Old Dartmouth Historical Society||Whales Today and History on the Hill Programs||$800||Rotch-Jones-Duff House & Garden Museum, Inc.||Shakespeare in New Bedford 2023 - The Tempest||$1,000||Seaglass Theater Company, Inc.||The Tragedy of Carmen||$500||South Coast Children's Chorus||Spreading Joy Through Singing||$800||SouthCoast Children's Theatre, Inc.||SCCT Presents "The Addams Family Musical"||$1,000||Thomas, Patricia||The Uncommon Lunch Presents Winter and Spring Shorts, a Collection of Short Plays||$500||Town of Fairhaven||Intergenerational Art Club||$500||Your Theatre, Inc.||11th Annual New Bedford JazzFest||$1,250|