Everett Cultural Council
To foster creativity, diversity and an arts and culture renaissance in the city of Everett.
Planning &Development Rm 25
Everett, MA 02149-3613
Connect on Social
FY22 Local Priorities
Please note that only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please review the state LCC program guidelines for applicant requirements.
The Everett Cultural Council has the following additional local requirements:
Priority will be given to events that will take place in Everett and/or are hosted by Everett-based organizations/residents.
– Priority will be given to projects that target the broadest range of residents possible, including under-served and diverse populations.
– Priority will be given to projects that cover diverse and unique subjects, topics, or fields that are not represented by other grants.
– Grants are available up to $1500
– Grant projects must take place during the calendar year for which the grant is given.
– The grant application must clearly describe why these funds are needed and what they will help to achieve.
– In accordance with state guidelines, grant funds are not intended to replace existing public funds for programs
FY22 Local Guidelines
The Everett Cultural Council strongly
recommends that applicants:
1) Work with a local sponsor or
venue. Applicants who do not live in Everett must have a letter of support
from a local institution such as the library, school, or a community
2) Submit five (5) copies of the
application pages to the Everett Cultural Council. Include only one
set of supporting materials, e.g., brochures, tapes, flyers, etc.
3) Have a detailed publicity plan
for the proposed activity. Credit for ECC Funding must be evident at
the event and in all publicity related to the event.
4) Provide a completed and balanced
budget for the proposed activity. (Total project expenses must equal
total project income.)
5) Serve the Everett Community.
Although the ECC occasionally funds projects outside of Everett, our
primary focus is to fund activities that serve the local community and
improve the cultural offerings for residents of Everett.
6) Avoid including transportation
costs in grant applications.
Who qualifies for funding?
artists, nonprofit community groups, cultural institutions and schools
with a cultural project that has a public benefit component may apply.
How does someone apply for funding?
Application forms are available
on line at www.massculturalcouncil.org where applicants can complete the form
and print it out. The library offers access to the Internet.
When are applications due? How
should they be completed?
The deadline is Oct. 15 of each
calendar year and postmarks are acceptable. All applications should
be typed and signed by the applicant and sent or delivered to the Everett
Cultural Council at City Hall at 484 Broadway, Everett, MA 02149. Programs
must be specifically described with the names, artist fees, qualifications
of the individual(s) leading the activity, letters of support from facility
to be use and collaborators. Applicants must use physically accessible
What is the process for approval?
Approximately two months after the
Oct. 15 deadline, the Everett Cultural Council will review all applications. Approved applicants will receive final notification
by early April pending approval by the Massachusetts Cultural Council. Applicants have one year from the date of
final approval to complete their project and apply for reimbursement.
Extensions may be requested in writing but are not automatically granted.
How is payment received?
By submitting a Reimbursement Request
form along with invoices, bills, a brief financial report, and copies
of promotional material to the Everett Cultural Council address listed
above. Request should be within 60 days of project completion. To receive
reimbursement, grantees must acknowledge the source of funding, either
by using the MCC logo or the following credit line in all verbal an
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines