Dudley Cultural Council
The Dudley Cultural Council makes every effort to add worthwhile programs for the town to enjoy and participate in. We try to vary the programs so that they will interest and encourage participation. We consider all age groups and interests.
Dudley Municipal Town Complex
71 West Main Street
Dudley, MA 01571-3264
FY23 Local Priorities
In addition to the state criteria, applications will be evaluated using the following review criteria:
– applicants must secure a venue and submit a WRITTEN COMMITTMENT of location with the online application.
– for FY 23 grants, the program must take place within the 2023 calendar year
– we give priority to programs that will benefit many residents rather than a few
– we give priority to artists, performers and presenters from our community who meet the state and local guidelines
– we may choose to partially fund many projects rather than fully fund a few
– we may choose to limit the number of applications that may be funded to one individual/group depending on the amount of our allocation for each cycle
According to our community input, we will give priority to programs in the following order of preference:
* programs that are geared to families
* programs that are geared to senior citizens
* programs that are presented as concerts, lectures or artistic cultural events
FY23 Local Guidelines
*Applicants are responsible for arranging the DATE, TIME, PLACE, and PUBLICITY for their program.
For FY23 grants, the program must take place within the 2023 calendar year, January 1st to December 31st.
*Any school or organization submitting multiple requests for funding must prioritize their projects otherwise the DCC will prioritize according to our judgment.
*Activities and cultural events that take place must reach the largest potential audiences. The event must have a specific date, time and location.
*Applicants’ projects should take place within the Dudley zip code, 01571
*No paper application will be accepted, all applications are submitted through the Mass Cultural Council’s online Grants Management System SmartSimple.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY23 Funding List
|Bates III, Davis R.||Celebrating the Season: A Performance for Seniors||$475||Conant Library||Conant Library Spring Art Show at Nichols College||$500||Dudley Elementary School||Chinese Culture/Dragon King Marionettes||$775||Dudley Elementary School||Positive Playground||$600||Dudley Grange #163||Dudley Grange Summer Concerts||$1,550||Dudley Grange #163||Dudley Grange Strawberry Festival||$300||Dudley Grange #163||Dudley Grange Apple Festival||$650||Dudley Middle School||Dudley Middle School Movie (Movie Title TBD)||$772||Dudley Middle School||Samuel Slater Experience||$1,172||Dudley-Charlton Regional School District||Dudley-Charlton District-Wide Art Show||$1,700||Lewis, Stephen||Health & Safety - An international Poster Exhibit||$148||Richards, Raianne||Celebrate Trails Day Concert||$700||Shepherd Hill Regional High School||Broadway Connects with Hamilton||$1,500||Silvia, Elizabeth||The BaNannies||$500||Smith, Patrick||Afternoon of Brass #2||$500||Van Egmond, Timothy||Performance for Dudley Senior Center||$445|