Dracut Cultural Council
We support many local agencies, groups, and schools that bring arts, sciences, cultural programming to our community – all ages!
Please see the Council Priorities for more detail.
62 Arlington Street
Dracut, MA 01826-3999
FY23 Local Priorities
The Dracut Cultural Council will support requests for field trips; however, given the demand, we are only able to support ONE field trip request/grade/classroom. With our limited funding we are trying to bring cultural programs to the largest group possible, so grade-wide or school-wide presentations are also attractive.
Given that we are an all-volunteer council, we require applicants to have secured a venue and/or location for their project BEFORE submitting an application to us. We will not be able to consider your application complete if this requirement is not met. We also are unable to assist in the marketing/promotion of an event as we do not have a Facebook page or website.
We are happy to answer any questions you have leading up to the application deadline.
There are some changes that were implemented in 2020:
– Online applications: All applications must be submitted through the online application system.
– Field Trips: Applicants may still apply for field trips, but must complete the same online application form as all other applications to LCCs. Please provide as much detail about where you are going and what your students will learn about. Again ONE application per grade per school. Also, consider applying to the Big Yellow School Bus grant through Mass Cultural Council directly (one per school/per year – opens 9/20)
FY23 Local Guidelines
1. All applicants must comply with all the requirements and regulations established by the Massachusetts Cultural Council.
2. The Dracut Cultural Council may award grants to individuals or organizations for activities in the arts, humanities, or interpretive sciences. Applicants must show that they are organized in or reside in Massachusetts, and should have been engaged in the kind of activity for which funds are requested for at least one year.
3. Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend the Dracut Cultural Council meeting to answer any questions that may arise concerning the application or project. Applicants will be notified of meeting date.
4. Dracut Cultural Council reserves the right to request additional information from any applicant including a portfolio, tape or examples of their work.
5. The Council will give first consideration to applicants who can demonstrate community benefit and/or are sponsored by Dracut organizations.
6. Applicants should not depend solely on Dracut Cultural Council grants for funding, and the Council reserves the right to decline applications from projects that have been funded for more than three consecutive grant cycles.
7. Dracut Cultural Council grant funds must not substitute for or replace other public funding of programs. Specifically, this applies to proposals from public institutions, such as schools and libraries, which are already, or should be an integral part of a community’s budget. Funds may not be used to purchase food.
8. Projects must be completed within the time specified by the Massachusetts Cultural Council guidelines, which is one year from date of grant acceptance notice.
9. The Dracut Cultural Council is NOT responsible for securing venues for the artist or performance, and evidence of planning must be present on the application.
10. The Dracut Cultural Council does not fund transportation costs.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY23 Funding List
A grant list will be published here after January 17, 2023 and once the Local Cultural Council has finalized their decisions.
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines