To experience this site in your native language, click below.
Para visitar este sitio web en su idioma nativo, haga clic a continuación.
Para experimentar este site em sua língua nativa, clique abaixo.
Back to Top
Dover Cultural Council
The DCC annually awards grants that bring cultural enrichment to Dover residents through performances, exhibits, education programs, and demonstrations. These grants are intended to enhance the quality of life and contribute to the cultural vitality of Dover.
PO Box 202
Dover, MA 02030
FY22 Local Priorities
To be eligible for funding, programs must:
(1) take place in Dover;
(2) target a Dover audience;
(3) have demonstrated support from the Dover Community (have a Dover sponsor);
(4) take place during the Council?s current fiscal year (January 1 ? December 31) of the applicable grant cycle;
(5) All applicants must comply with Covid-19 regulations of the Town of Dover and State of Massachusetts
Priority will be given to programs that:
? have a track record to which the Council can refer in evaluating the program
? have a comprehensive planning and marketing strategy
? have secured a date and venue for program events
? are educational and/or are of cultural significance
? impact a significant or large part of the Dover community
? have a financial need or no alternative source of funding
? are original and/or new to the Dover community (i.e. not a repeat program)
Grant funds must be used within 12 months of the date of the grant approval notification letter. The Council will not provide funding for capital expenditures or serve as an ongoing source of program funding. The Dover Cultural Council is authorized to develop additional criteria and may give different weight to its criteria in order to reflect local concerns and community cultural needs.
FY22 Local Guidelines
In addition to the general grant guidelines determined by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, the Dover Cultural Council has the following local guidelines which must be followed:
1. Applicants must submit one typed and signed original plus eleven (11) copies of the LCC application to the DCC’s P.O. Box address.
2. All applicants must have a predetermined Dover sponsor and venue. Applicants must submit a letter from Dover sponsor with application.
3. Grant Request Applications for programs or events which have already occurred prior to the completion of the DCC’s current FY Grant Approval Meetings will not be considered for funding. Grant Request Applications must be for programs or events which will take place on or after January 1st following the grant decision meetings held in October of each fiscal year.
Grant funds must be used within 12 months of the date of the grant approval notification letter.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY22 Funding List
|Rehearsal for Life, Inc.
||Rehearsal for Life's Freelance Players
||Songs and Stories - The Highwaymen
|Friends of the Dover Council on Aging, Inc.
||Fun with the Ukulele
|Dover Parks & Recreation
||ANNUAL SUMMER CONCERT SERIES on the Dover Town Common
|Mary Jo D. Maichack
||Make Your Dreams Come True with Vision Boards
||Ecology of Sound
||Up In Smoke BBQ music
||“Trail Mix” a Summer Reading Event
|Dover-Sherborn Public Schools
||Dover Sherborn Reads
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines
Mass Cultural Council publishes any updates to this page's information twice a day. Last update was made on
June 28, 2022 at 07:18 PM UTC