Dedham Cultural Council
The Dedham Cultural Council gathers input from the community yearly and develops funding priorities based on this feedback. This year the Dedham Cultural Council will give priority to:
• Applicants that have secured a local venue
• Projects that serve youth or the elderly
• Projects that focus on local history
In addition to the state criteria, applications will be evaluated using the following review criteria:
• How well the program meets our local priorities
• Community support and involvement
• Evidence of track record and dedication of the applicant
• Ability to address the diverse cultural needs of any underserved populations or support diverse forms of cultural activities
• Financial need
• Demonstrated planning
Dedham Town Hall
450 Washington Street
Dedham, MA 02026
FY22 Local Priorities
The Dedham Cultural Council gathers input from the community frequently and develops funding priorities based on this feedback. As in year’s past, the Dedham Cultural Council will give priority to:
– Applicants who have secured a local venue and event date
– Projects that serve youth or the elderly
In addition, we consider:
– How well the program meets local needs
– Community support and involvement
– Evidence of track record and dedication of the applicant
– Ability to address the diverse cultural needs of underserved populations
– Ability to support diverse forms of cultural activities
– Financial need
– Demonstrated planning
With the continued challenge of planning events in light of COVID-19, the Council will maintain close contact with all applicants during the process.
FY22 Local Guidelines
Dedham Cultural Council Grant Application Guidelines*
The Dedham Cultural Council may give grants to individuals or organizations for activities in the arts, humanities or interpretive sciences. Applicants must show that they reside in Massachusetts and should have been engaged in the kind of activity for which funds are requested for at least one year.
– Individual applicants must show that a public benefit results from the project for which they are applying. Although LCC funds cannot be used to support activities that benefit only the individual applicant, a public presentation of an individual’s work may provide the needed public benefit.
– Individual members of local councils may apply for funding from a local council, but must observe all Conflict of Interest laws and regulations in the granting process.
Since council members are classified as special municipal employees by statute, a member of the Dedham Cultural Council may not receive money or gifts from, or act as agent for, any applicant while serving as a member of a local council. Members may, however, offer guidance and information to applicants and may advocate for a particular decision to their colleagues, as long as their independence is maintained. The Dedham Cultural Council member must file with the assistant town administers a statement fully disclosing his/her own responsibility. If the council member makes such a disclosure, board of selectmen may approve his or her exemption. The local legislative body must approve the exemption of his/her interest. Such a council member cannot participate in the council decision.
– Schools, libraries or other public agencies are eligible to apply for funding, but local council funds must not be used to replace municipal funding for the arts, humanities or interpretive sciences.
– Individual applicants must show DATE and VENUE of their project to be considered by the Dedham Cultural Council. Applicants are requested to submit 1 copies of their grant request.
– The Dedham Cultural Council gives priority to local requests and artists with a confirmed sponsor, date, and venue in Dedham.
– Applicants have (1) one year from the date of the approval letter notification to complete there project. To qualify for future funding, the applicant must submit a brief narrative and financial report within 60 days of completing their project. Please include news clippings, original press release, notices, photos, etc.]
– Funding is ALWAYS awarded as a REIMBURSEMENT.
– The sponsoring group or individual must acknowledge LCC support with a written and/or verbal credit statement or by using the MCC logo in all published materials and announcements regarding the activities supported by LCC funds. The credit statement is “This program is supported in part by a grant from the Dedham Cultural Council, a local agency which is supported by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency.”
* Guidelines approved November 12, 2008 by the Dedham Cultural Council.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines