Cohasset Cultural Council
The Cohasset Cultural Council is a town committee that makes annual grants to support local arts and cultural programs that benefit Cohasset residents.
The mission of the Cohasset Cultural Council is to support individuals and groups through funding to promote the availability of rich cultural experiences to improve the quality of life for all residents and to contribute to the economic liveliness of our community. In order to be considered for a grant the event must have a specific date, must take place in Cohasset, and must be co-sponsored by a Cohasset Organization.
The Cohasset Cultural Council is part of a network of 329 cultural councils serving all 351 cities and towns in the Commonwealth. This is the largest grassroots cultural funding network in the nation, supporting thousands of community-based projects in the arts, humanities and sciences every year. The Massachusetts State Legislature provides an annual appropriation to the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency, which then allocates funds to each community. Decisions about which local activities to support are made by Cohasset residents who volunteer as members of the council and following the council’s guidelines and priorities.
BARBARA WRENN, Co-Chair
41 Highland Avenue
Cohasset, MA 02025-1822
Connect on Social
FY23 Local Priorities
Paper applications are no longer accepted, please apply online.
Our mission is to support cultural events for the citizens of Cohasset and surrounding communities. Funding priorities continue to be programs in Cohasset, field trip requests, and programs that have a demonstrated regional focus and reach. We prioritize awards that demonstrate programming that represents a diversity of audiences, experiences, and those that are scheduled at various times of the day. Applications that fit the Council’s guidelines are given priority. Applications sent in the fall should be for events happening in the following calendar year.
The Cohasset Cultural Council conducts online surveys and develops funding based upon this feedback in combination with discussion amongst the council members.
In compliance with Open Meeting Laws, all Applicants are welcome to attend the annual Cohasset Cultural Council LLC voting meeting. Notice of the meeting date and agenda will be posted at Cohasset Town Hall 48 hours in advance of the meeting. The Cohasset town website can be found at https://www.cohassetma.org.
FY23 Local Guidelines
All applications must have a specific date, must take place in Cohasset, and must be co-sponsored by a Cohasset Organization. Having a letter of support from a venue is welcomed but not required.
1. All applications must be received by the deadline of 11:59 p.m. on October 17, 2022. Applications are available online at massculturalcouncil.org. A complete list of all guidelines may be found at https://massculturalcouncil.org/documents/lccguidelines.pdf.
2. If applying for funding for more than one program you must submit an application for each program.
3. Applicants will be notified in writing of the council’s decision. Applicants who are denied will be given fifteen (15) days to apply in writing for reconsideration.
4. This year payments will be made via Direct Grant. The grantee will need to fill out a grant agreement form, W-9 Form, and a Final Report Form. Details may be found at https://massculturalcouncil.org/documents/lccguidelines.pdf.
5. In all published materials and announcements regarding activities supported by the MCC funds, the sponsoring group or individual must acknowledge this support with a written or verbal credit or by using the MCC logo. The credit statement is “This program is supported in part by a grant for the Cohasset Cultural Council, a local agency which is supported by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency.” The logo is available online at www.massculturalcouncil.org/contracts/logos. This credit is required by the MCC and failure to comply may jeopardize future funding.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY23 Funding List
A grant list will be published here after January 17, 2023 and once the Local Cultural Council has finalized their decisions.
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines