Chester Cultural Council
The Chester Cultural Council is here to serve and promote the cultural activities of Chester and the Hilltowns of Western Mass.
15 Middlefield Road
Chester, MA 01011-9805
FY24 Local Priorities
Priorities are for programs that stay in the Chester community.
Prioritize fully funding grants.
Projects celebrating local history, cultural diversity
Communitywide gatherings: festivals, concerts, plays
Restoration or preservation projects
FY24 Local Guidelines
All grants are subject to the following conditions. Failure to comply may jeopardize full payment of the grant award:
– Projects must demonstrate their relationship to the town.
– Projects must be completed within one year of the date of the final written notice of grant award approved locally and by the state.
– Events/activities must be held in physically accessible facilities.
– Payments are on a direct grant basis. Grantee sends a signed Grant Agreement & signed W-9 back to LCC. LCC forwards Grant Agreement & W-9 to Municipal Officer for payment. Municipality processes paperwork and sends payments directly to the grantees. Grantee, at the completion of the program, fills out the Final Report Form and sends to the completed form to the LCC. Grantees must return the completed final report outlining the completion of the program/project that was funded.
If the grantee does not comply with the process set out in the Approval Letter, the LCC can request that the grantee return the funds. If funds are not returned, the LCC can choose to not allow the grantee to apply for the following year or any other sanctions they have made clear in their approval letter.
– All applications must be submitted via the Massculturalcouncil.org website.
– In all published materials and announcements regarding the activities supported by LCC funds, the sponsoring group or individual must acknowledge this support with a written and/or verbal credit statement or by using the MCC logo. The credit statement is “This program is supported in part by a grant from the Chester Cultural Council, a local agency which is supported by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency.” The logo is available at the MCC’s web site: www.massculturalcouncil.org. Credit is required by the MCC and failure to comply may jeopardize future funding.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY24 Funding List
|Chester Elementary School
|Berkshire Theatre Group- Magic Tree House Performance
|Chester Historical Society, Inc.
|Hilltown Arts Alliance Studio Tour 2024
|Hamilton Memorial Library
|Library Cultural Enrichment Opportunity
|Highland Agricultural Society
|Music at the 2024 Middelfield Fair Pancake Breakfast
|North Hall Association, Inc.
|A Season of the Arts at the North Hall - Historic North Hall Arts Festival 2024
|The Chester Foundation, Inc.
|Chester on Track
|The Community Fair Association of Chester, Chester Hill, & Littleville, Inc.
|Van Egmond, Timothy
|St. Patrick's Day Concert for Chester Seniors