Charlton Cultural Council
The Charlton Cultural Council is your Local Cultural Council, a small and mighty group which is responsible for reviewing and approving grant applications received on an annual basis in accordance with the Mass Cultural Council annual granting cycle. Over the years we have supported a number of activities and events that reach our entire community as well as surrounding towns. Our grant recipients have provided cultural enrichment in a number of areas including nature walks and plant identification, themed dance instruction, motivational talks, programming for the visually impaired, as well as a number of musical performances. In addition to awarding MCC grants, the CCC also holds an annual art show in conjunction with the Charlton Old Home Day celebration.
Christine Grondalski - Chair
37 Main Street
Charlton, MA 01507-1386
FY23 Local Priorities
Charlton Cultural Council (CCC) Priorities and Application Review Criteria:
1. The CCC prioritizes applicants with complete performance and budget plans, a secured location for their performance. A letter of support from a Charlton organization is encouraged, but not required.
2. The CCC puts Charlton artists or local performances at the top of our criteria for selection.
3. The CCC welcomes new applicants and would prioritize over repeat submitters.
4. The CCC prioritizes partial funding of multiple projects over fully funding fewer projects.
5. The CCC advances performances for the general public ahead of target audiences.
6. The CCC will retain up to 20% of each annual allocation to support our annual art show and other local activities; the annual percentage will flex to place the priority on funding grant applicants.
FY23 Local Guidelines
The Charlton Cultural Council holds multiple meetings during the grant cycle to review grant submissions. If a grant appears to be incomplete, then we will reach out to an applicant to obtain additional details.
Outside of our Council Priorities, we also consider the diversity of programs and evaluate opportunities to increase community involvement. We work closely with our past grant recipients to promote both the grant cycle as well as grantee events across our social media platforms.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY23 Funding List
|Charlton Arts and Activities Center||Band to play at annual Blueberry Festival||$500||Charlton Council on Aging||Doolin Lads||$350||Charlton Lions Club||Comedy Night||$350||Charlton Public Library||New England Quilts and the Stories They Tell||$507||Cope, Jr., Edward L.||Magic for Seniors||$450||Dudley-Charlton Regional School District||Dudley- Charlton District-Wide Art Show||$2,000||Ferguson, Carrie||Carrie Ferguson and the Grumpytime Club Band concert||$550||Hart, Francis||The “Me” Decade - A Cultural Review of the 1970s Through Music||$300||Ho, Samuel||Hero Camp! Community Film Screenings||$1,250||Hurlbut, Steven M.||Jumpin' Juba Senior Concert||$350||Pasture Prime Players, Inc.||Soup du Jour a musical||$350||Pasture Prime Players, Inc.||The Velveteen Rabbit Youth Musical||$500||Spencer, Mike||Hofbrauhaus Bavarians concert/dance||$800||York, Matt||The Highwaymen - Songs & Stories||$550||Zani, Lisa||Let's Get Growing with Plant Guy Eric||$300|