Bedford Cultural Council
The Bedford Cultural Council supports public projects through the regranting of the annual allocation of funds from the Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC). These projects shall promote access, education, diversity, and excellence in the arts, humanities, and interpretive sciences in Bedford.
Bedford Town Hall
10 Mudge Way
Bedford, MA 01730-2193
FY23 Local Priorities
Preference is given to
1. Bedford residents and organizations
a. Nonprofit organizations
b. Projects involving local artists
2. Projects which encourage community-wide participation in the arts, cultural events, graphic arts, fine arts, music, dance, theater, writing, nature, science and environmental education
3. Projects which encourage participation by audiences of all ages including multi-generational cultural programs
4. Projects highlighting Bedford’s history and institutions
5. Projects celebrating cultural diversity and inclusivity
6. First time funding of projects
FY23 Local Guidelines
1. Non-resident individuals or organizations:
a. If your program occurs in Bedford, you must have a predetermined local sponsor and a letter from the sponsor with your application. The letter should specify the type and level of support that the sponsor will provide. The application must identify the venue as either in-person or virtual. Virtual programs must be managed by the sponsor.
b. If your program does NOT occur in Bedford, you must have a supporting letter from a resident that explains how your program will benefit Bedford residents.
2. Applications must be completed online and include a complete budget.
3. Publicity must contain the following acknowledgement: “This program is supported in part by a grant from the Bedford Cultural Council, a local agency which is supported by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency.” For additional information, refer to Publicity Guidelines (https://www.bedfordma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6866/f/pages/bcc_event_publicity_guidelines_1.pdf).
4. Your event should be able to proceed with only partial funding from the Bedford Cultural Council. Other Massachusetts Cultural Grant Program Opportunities are described at: https://www.massculturalcouncil.org/programs/programs.asp.
5. Approved grantees must advertise event(s) in local Bedford media.
6. Grants are made on a reimbursement basis only. Once your program has been completed, please send your completed reimbursement form and documentation (Invoices, receipts, or paid bills), including costs associated with virtual programming if applicable, evidence that the event took place (programs, photos, etc.), and was credited as promised (copies of marketing, in newspapers, etc.) to: Bedford Cultural Council, Bedford Town Hall, 10 Mudge Way, Bedford, MA 01730. You may also email your reimbursement materials to BedfordMACulturalCouncil@gmail.com. Partial reimbursement is possible for projects that happen in more than one phase. For additional information, refer to Reimbursement Guidelines (https://www.bedfordma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6866/f/pages/bcc_reimbursement_guidelines.pdf).
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY23 Funding List
|Bedford Arts and Crafts Society||Series of Artist Demonstrations and Craft Workshops||$400||Bedford Arts and Crafts Society||Bedford Arts and Crafts Service Project||$300||Bedford Center for the Arts, Inc.||BCA 2022-2023 Program Series||$250||Bedford Desi Group||Bedford Diwali Celebration||$500||Bedford Desi Group||Bedford Desi Holi Celebration||$250||Bedford Embraces Diversity||MLK Jr. Community Day||$600||Bedford Free Public Library||Traveling Makerspace - 2 Sessions||$450||Bedford High School||Author Zoom Visit and Books: Social Justice & Sports theme||$700||Bedford High School||World Language Celebration Week||$300||Bedford High School Black Student Union||Black Boston||$600||Bedford High School Performing Arts Department||BHS Auditorium Spotlights||$750||Bedford Historical Society, Inc.||Town Wide Newsletter||$450||Bedford Historical Society, Inc.||Town Wide Newsletter||$450||Bedford Historical Society, Inc.||Community Lecture Series||$400||Bedford Mothers Out Front||Bedford Pumpkin Smash||$300||Bedford Rotary Foundation, Inc.||Rotary Club of Bedford Winter Community Breakfast||$250||Butler, Jill||Author visit to BHS||$500||Dale, Nelson||Who Is the Earth?||$330||Discovery Museum, Inc.||Open Door Connections||$150||Epple, George||Dancing Through the Ages||$300||Friends of the Bedford Council on Aging, Inc.||Brochure||$150||Friends of the Job Lane House, Inc.||Job Lane Farm Museum Family Field Day||$500||Friends of the Job Lane House, Inc.||Job Lane Farm Museum Student Docent Project||$480||Girl Scout Troop 70426||Painting badge||$250||Girl Scout Troop 72147||Missed Old Sturbridge Village Field Trip||$187||Kammerwerke, Inc.||Kammerwerke Douboe Wind Quintet (2 concerts)||$500||Lieutenant Job Lane School||Lane Lobby Math and Science Corner - Science Sensory Stations||$390||Newman, Howard||Musical Baseball Show||$250||Parents Diversity Council, Inc.||Indigenous Peoples Day Celebration with the Red Hawk Singers & Dancers||$400||Scoville, Sarah||Bedford Utility Box Project||$1,200||St. Paul Weekday Nursery School, Inc.||Chip & Farm agricultural education program||$250||The Concord Chorus, Inc.||Spring Concert||$100||The Concord Orchestra, Inc.||2022 -2023 Seaon and Music Director Search||$100||The Delvena Theatre Company||Louisa's Girls||$400||Vahan, Greg P||Mythology & Beyond||$250||van Steenwijk, Jan||Ephemeral Moments||$200|