Athol Cultural Council
The Athol Cultural Council is committed to the enhancing the cultural life of the community by providing the opportunity for funding quality programming.
Applications are available beginning on September1, and through the October 15 submission deadline.
Please be sure to carefully read and follow LCC Program Guidelines and Council Priorities to ensure your application is completed properly.
Feel free to email or call if you have questions about the application process.
568 Main Street
Athol, MA 01331-1830
Connect on Social
FY22 Local Priorities
1. All applications, including supporting materials, must be submitted online by the posted deadline.
2. Paper applications will NOT be accepted.
3. All supporting materials must be: in PDF format; no more than three pages; submitted online with your application.
4. Preference is given to applicants submitting a letter (PDF) of support from a local sponsor / venue.
5. Preference is given to locally based artists and non-profit organizations for projects that will enhance the cultural life of the Athol community.
6. Travel, chaperones and refreshments are not funded.
7. The Athol Cultural Council and Massachusetts Cultural Council must be mentioned in any publicity.
8. When submitting multiple applications to the Athol Cultural Council a letter (PDF) identifying the priority of the applications must be submitted online with each application.
9. Submissions that do not adhere to the LCC Program Guidelines and Council Priorities will not be considered.
10. Applicants will be notified via email of their approval or denial.
The Athol Cultural Council Priorities were approved on 8/17/2019.
FY22 Local Guidelines
Three signed and type-written or computer generated copies of the current application must be received at the Athol Public Library, 568 Main St., Athol MA 01331, or postmarked by October 15.
An online version is available at https://www.massculturalcouncil.org/applications/lccapp.asp.
Multiple copies of supporting materials are not required.
Preference is given to locally based artists and non-profit organizations for projects that will enhance the cultural life of the Athol community.
Preference will be given to applications that are complete, received on time, and accompanied by letters of support from a local sponsor or venue.
Travel and refreshments are not funded.
The Athol Cultural Council and Massachusetts Cultural Council must be mentioned in any publicity.
Submissions that do not adhere to local and MCC guidelines will not be considered.
Multiple applications from a single applicant must be prioritized by the applicant in writing as funding may not be possible for all applications.
Late submissions will not be considered.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines