Ashland Cultural Council
The mission of the Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC) and its Local Cultural Council (LCC) partners is “to promote excellence, access, education and diversity in the arts, humanities and interpretive sciences, in order to improve the quality of life for all Massachusetts residents and to contribute to the economic vitality of our communities.
101 Main Street
Ashland, MA 01721-1191
FY22 Local Priorities
The following criteria will be used to filter ACC grant proposals and applications. If the applications fit these criteria, they will be considered for a grant.
1. ACC will give priority to applications that are held within the Town of Ashland and benefit
2. ACC will always look for new applicants and/or for new projects each grant season.
3. The Project should be held at a venue that is easily accessible to the target audience. For instance, an after school elementary kids project needs to be easily accessible for the child, transportation cannot become an issue. A senior project needs to be reachable to seniors who cannot drive.
4. A specific date and location is necessary for the project to be considered.
5. The project should be free to the residents of Ashland.
6. A breakup of expected costs will be required for the application to be considered.
In addition, the following conditions must be met:
Applicant’s project must be clearly related to the arts, humanities, civics, history or interpretive sciences.
Applicant’s project must provide adequate public benefit for the Ashland community and provide adequate public access. Explanation of handicap accessibility of the venue must be included in application.
Applicant must have a clear, written commitment of location and date of event from sponsoring organization or venue.
Funding for applicant’s project must not substitute or replace other public funding of programs in the arts, humanities, civics, history or interpretive sciences.
ACC funds are not intended to be used as the sole source of funding of projects.
Ticket prices for events will be taken into consideration during grant approval process and must be included in your application.
ACC?s support should be acknowledged during the program/project and verification of such must be provided for grant payout. All marketing materials should clearly indicate that this was possible with help from the Ashland Cultural Council.
FY22 Local Guidelines
We give preference to Ashland residents and programs in town. Please contact possible venues and tentatively schedule your event before submitting your application.
Applicants should review the application in September and contact the council if they have questions. Applications must be postmarked by October 15. Council Members review and vote on the grants late in the year and mail determinations in December-January.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines