Ashburnham Cultural Council
The Ashburnham Cultural Council (ACC) is a volunteer committee of Ashburnham residents educated and experienced in the Arts. Every Massachusetts town has a Local Cultural Council (LCC) whose key responsibility is to promote the ARTS, HUMANITIES, and INTERPRETIVE SCIENCES through grant money provided by the Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC). This funding makes it possible for towns to offer a variety of public programs, activities, and events. ACC members work hard to research, evaluate, and support projects that offer Ashburnham and the surrounding communities diverse cultural and educational experiences. LCC grants help improve the quality of life for all residents and contribute to the economic vitality of our communities.
Interested in getting involved or becoming an ACC member?
CLICK HERE to visit the Ashburnham Cultural Council’s town web page.
Ashburnham Town Hall
32 Main Street
Ashburnham, MA 01430-1630
Connect on Social
FY24 Local Priorities
ACC APPLICATION PRIORITIES:
1. The applicant is an Ashburnham or neighboring resident, organization, or school.
2. The applicant provides a confirmed event date and venue.
*The ACC strongly encourages applicants to include with their application a confirmation of the venue and date in the form of a commitment letter or approved reservation from the venue host.
FY24 Local Guidelines
ACC GRANT FUNDING GUIDELINES:
1. Benefit to Ashburnham and local communities
2. Collaboration between and among artists and local institutions, groups, and organizations
3. Diversity of performer/presenter age groups, cultural backgrounds, and artistic disciplines
4. Size and age-range of intended audience
5. Relevance to current events
6. Artistic excellence (as reflected in resumes, letters, press, videos, and other qualifying materials)
8. Applicant’s ability to carry out the project as proposed
9. Amount of money requested and/or granted from other towns clearly stated on the application
ACC APPLICATION EXPECTATIONS:
1. All application questions must be answered completely. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
2. If the grant application is for an event that services Ashburnham and other communities, we encourage applicants to solicit funds from the participating communities’ Cultural Councils as well.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY23 Funding List
|Aldrich Astronomical Society, Inc.
||Astronomy Workshop: Using a Telescope or Binoculars To Find Objects in the Night Sky!
||Bates III, Davis R.
||Raising Our Voices: Summer Reading Performance
||Fitchburg Art Museum, Inc.
||87th Regional Exhibition of Art & Craft
||Gardner Area League of Artists, Inc.
||GALA Annual Arts & Music Festival
||Printing with Plants and Stencils
||New Dawn Arts Center, Inc.
||New Dawn Writers Group Workshops: Open Mic and Printed Work Exhibition
||Overlook Middle School
||Scenes from the Heart of New England
||Town of Ashburnham
||Celebrate Ashburnham Street Festival
||Winchendon Winds, Inc.
||Winchendon Winds 2023 Concert Series
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines