Winchester Cultural Council
The Winchester Cultural Council consists of volunteers appointed by the Select Board to support a wide variety of arts and cultural activities through grants, advocacy, and activities. Disciplines include visual arts (including Art in August and Art in the Park), music, dance, theater, photography, video (including the Just A Minute Festival), history, and literature, for people from youth to old age. New members are welcome.
Peter Pulsifer, Chair
71 Mount Vernon Street
Winchester, MA 01890-2700
FY22 Local Priorities
1. Priority is given to applicants from Winchester residents and organizations, and that primarily serve Winchester and its residents. Outside applicants must include a letter of support from a local (Winchester) sponsor as part of the grant application (or forward such a letter to the Council by email no later than the application deadline).
2. We particularly encourage applications from local artists, performers, and other cultural creators.
3. Lower priority is given to projects which have been recently funded by the Winchester Cultural Council.
4. If the project’s budget is greater than $1000, preference is given to applications with outside funding or in-kind donations that are equal to or greater than the amount requested of the WCC, and are documented in the application.
5. Higher priority is given to projects that benefit a larger number of people relative to the amount of the grant.
6. Grant projects must take place during the calendar year for which the grant is given (i.e., not prior to the grant decisions).
7. Following the project, we require that photos, news clippings, testimonials from participants, or other appropriate documentation of the project or event be submitted to the WCC.
FY22 Local Guidelines
- Grant applications are accepted from residents and organizations in Winchester. Outside applicants must secure a Winchester sponsoring organization before submitting an application, and a letter of support from the organization must be provided with the grant application, or sent by email to email@example.com.
- Lower priority is given to projects which have been recently funded by the Winchester Cultural Council.
- If the project’s budget is greater than $1000, other sources of funding or in-kind donations must be equal to or greater than the amount requested of WCC, and these sources must be documented in the application.
- In evaluating applications, we consider the cost per participant served.
- We require that documentation of the event/program be submitted to WCC, including photos, news clippings, and/or testimonials from participants. Documentation may be sent by post or email.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines