Westminster Cultural Council
The Westminster Cultural Council is a community group committed to providing a broad range of cultural programs to the residents of our town. Support for the arts is evidenced here by the annual allocation of town funds that enhances our state funding. For many years we have supported programs in our schools, town library and senior center in addition to town-wide music and art events. Our audience ranges from preschoolers to senior citizens, and participation has been strong and enthusiastic.
11 South Street
Westminster, MA 01473-1534
FY24 Local Priorities
The Westminster Cultural Council receives public funding to provide grants for the people of Westminster. Funding to support the arts, humanities, interpretive sciences, visual arts, performing arts, and historians. We also support community, business and civic groups, social service organizations, schools, youth and senior associations.
FY24 Local Guidelines
Westminster Cultural Council Guidelines
1. The applicant’s program must benefit the citizens of Westminster.
2. The applicant, if not a Westminster resident, must submit a letter of support from the venue.
3. Each applicant must apply online at https://massculturalcouncil.smartsimple.com/
4. If the grant application is for an event that services people from Westminster and other communities, those other communities’ Cultural Councils should also be solicited for funds.
5. Programs at the middle and high school should be funded by both towns’ cultural councils. We will accept applications for cultural field trips for children pre-K through 12th grade by subsidizing the cost of ticket price and/or transportation.
6. The goal of the Westminster Cultural Council is to fund diverse programs for a variety of audiences/participants.
7. We encourage the applicant to seek and include on the application matching funds.
8. The window of eligibility for grant reimbursement/acceptance will be the calendar year following the grant deadline of October 17th. Projects must be completed between January 1 and December 31st.
Applicants complete their applications online and submit them directly through
the online system at http://mcc.smartsimple.com by Tuesday, October 17, 2023.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY23 Funding List
|Bates III, Davis R.
||Sea Songs and Stories: From Shore to Deep Water
||Circle of Artists
||Circle of Artists Annual Show
||SONGS OF YESTERDAY
||Fitchburg Art Museum, Inc.
||87th Regional Exhibition of Art & Craft
||Forbush Memorial Library
||Forbush Memorial Library
||2023 Great Decisions Seminar
||MUSIC IS LOVE
||Concert for Senior Center
||Acrylic Painting for Absolute Beginners
||Hip Hop Chair Dance for Seniors!
||Maker Space Build Along: Chain Reactions!
||I am Zelda, one act play about Mrs. F. Scott Fitzgerald
||Rull, Thomas E.
||"A Musical Journey Through the Years"
||Community Spanish Classes
||Westminster Agricultural Commission
||Westminster Farmers' Market Entertainment
||Westminster Elementary School
||Ammaya Dance and Drum
||Westminster Strummers Expansion
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines