Upton Cultural Council
The Upton Cultural Council is a committee that brings arts, sciences and humanities to our town and local area of approximately 5,800 individuals. We pursue this mission through a combination of grant programs, partnerships and services for nonprofit cultural organizations, schools, communities and individual artists.
Upton Town Hall
1 Main Street
Upton, MA 01568-1686
Connect on Social
FY22 Local Priorities
The Upton Cultural Council (UCC) administers state funds by soliciting and evaluating applications for funding from eligible recipients, distributing the funds, and insuring that they are properly used.
This year, the UCC will give priority to:
? Applicants that have secured a local venue, or have the capacity to conduct virtual presentations.
? Projects that promote the access to, and appreciation of, the arts, humanities and interpretive sciences in the town of Upton.
? Ability to address the diverse cultural needs of underserved populations or support diverse forms of cultural activities.
In addition to the state criteria, applications will be evaluated using the following review criteria:
? How well the program meets our local priorities.
? Community support and involvement.
? Evidence of positive track record and dedication of the applicant.
? Demonstrated planning.
? The council encourages organizations to seek additional funding support for their programs and projects.
? New applications and innovative proposals are encouraged.
? Council funds will not be used to substitute for or replace existing publicly funded programs.
? Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, sex, religion, creed, color, national origin, disability or age.
FY22 Local Guidelines
1. Deadline for the filing period is October 15th, 2021.
2. All applications must be submitted via the MCC website.
3. Applications are reviewed during an open meeting, the date of which is posted at the Town Hall and on the town website.
4. Applicants will be notified in writing of the council’s decision. Applicants who are denied will be given fifteen (15) days to apply in writing for reconsideration.
5. Upon completion of the project or program, all required forms including a W-9 and invoices of itemized expenses must be submitted. Proof of advertising must also be submitted. Failure to submit jeopardizes reimbursement.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines