Orange Cultural Council
The Orange Cultural Council sponsors programs in the arts, humanities or interpretive sciences. They encourage projects celebrating local history, cultural diversity or the natural work which benefit artists and residents in the 9 town area of the North Quabbin region of Massachusetts (Athol, Erving, New Salem, Orange, Petersham, Phillipston, Royalston, Warwick and Wendell).
6 Prospect Street
Orange, MA 01364-1137
Connect on Social
FY24 Local Priorities
Orange Cultural Council FUNDING PRIORITIES (revised 7/10/23)
1. We encourage projects benefiting artists in the 9-town area of North Quabbin (Athol, Erving, New Salem, Orange, Petersham, Phillipston, Royalston, Warwick, and Wendell).
2. We encourage one-time expenditures.
3. We encourage smaller requests, due to limited funding. For projects with a total budget exceeding $500, applicants are expected to secure partial funding from another source.
4. We encourage new applicants and new projects.
5. We encourage community wide gatherings such as festivals, concerts and plays, as well as visual and audiovisual art projects that benefit the community. We encourage projects celebrating local history, cultural diversity or the natural world.
6. We encourage projects that target youth both inside and outside of school.
7. We encourage field trips to museums or performances.
FY24 Local Guidelines
1. Projects should have both a local sponsor and a venue already identified. Please visit www.townoforange.org for links to potential community sponsors.
2. Submit online applications only. If submitting more than 3 pages of supporting documents, include a URL link to any additional documents.
3. All questions must be answered, and the budget filled out. Be sure to address how partial funding would impact the project.
4. The Orange Cultural Council and the Mass Cultural Council (with their logos) must be mentioned in any publicity.
5. Grants are for programs in the arts, humanities or interpretive sciences.
6. Grantees are fully responsible for their own advertising.
7. The project should benefit Orange residents.
8. The grant should be completed within a year of its award.
9 A Reimbursement Form with supporting documents, such as copies of receipts, checks, contracts, etc., plus copies of promotional materials must be submitted within 60 days after the event. This should include a social security number or federal employer identification number for the recipient of the funds. If submitting as an individual, include a signed W-9 form if you have not been reimbursed in the past by the Town of Orange. Mail the Reimbursement Form along with additional materials to the Orange Cultural Council, c/o Orange Town Hall, 6 Prospect St., Orange, MA 01364.
10. Note: Transportation, cleanup and food costs are not funded.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY23 Funding List
|1794 Meetinghouse, Inc.
||Quabbin Valley Pro Musica 2022 - 2023 season
||1794 Meetinghouse, Inc.
||Alasdair Fraser & Natalie Haas Concert
||Antenna Cloud Farm
||Antenna Cloud Farm 2023 Season
||SONGS OF YESTERDAY
||Hilltown Families, Inc.
||Hilltown Families Suggests
||Delvena Theatre Company Presents: Bon Appetit, Julia
||Teen Open Hack
||Hip Hop Chair Dance for Seniors!
||Native Plant Trust, Inc.
||Plant Communities of Massachusetts
||Orange Farmers Market, Inc.
||Orange Farmers Market local Music
||Orange Public Libraries
||Wild World of Reptiles
||Orange Public Libraries
||"The Library Boogie" Musical Puppet Show
||Orange Revitalization Partnership, Inc.
||Starry Starry Night
||Porcino, John P.
||To Life: Celebrations in Story, Song and Music
||Quabbin Food Connector, Inc.
||North Quabbin Crossroads Tour: Food, Farms, Future
||The Athol Historical Society, Inc.
||Uniquely Quabbin magazine
||The Friends of the Great Falls Discovery Center, Inc.
||The Power of Place: Finding a Sense of Belonging Through Story, Conversation and Song / A keynote concert that celebrates our connections to Franklin County
||The Nolumbeka Project, Inc.
||10th Annual Pocumtuck Homelands Festival
||Tincknell, Roger L.
||Children's Songs and Singing Games Family Concert
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines