Norwell Cultural Council
The mission of the Norwell Cultural Council (NCC) is to promote excellence, access,education and diversity in the arts, humanities and interpretive sciences in order to improve the quality of life for all Norwell residents and to contribute tot the economic vitality of our communities.
Norwell Town Hall
345 Main Street
Norwell, MA 02061-2449
FY22 Local Priorities
Grants are considered that are strongly based in support of the Norwell Community and its programs in the Arts, Humanities and Interpretive Sciences.
All applications and proposals MUST HAVE a sponsor or venue in place. Please provide either letter of confirmation from sponsor or supporting venue and date within the application.
Grants are not to be used to fund projects of a continuing nature however repeat programs will be considered should the content/audience vary year to year.
Field trips for K-12 students will be considered for student ticket purchase only. No transportation funding will be supported through the Cultural Council.
All programs must be held in a Handicap Accessible location.
Council funds will not be used to substitute for or replace existing publicly funded programs.
Deadline for applying is Oct. 15th, 2021
Applications may be submitted online at www.massculturalcouncil.org
If applying for more than one program you must submit an application for each program for which you are applying for.
Applications are reviewed during an Open Meeting , the date of which is posted at Town Hall.
Applicants will be notified in writing or email of the council’s decision. Applicants who are denied will be given Fifteen ( 15) days to apply in writing for reconsideration.
Any modifications/changes in approved grants must be requested in writing to Council in hard copy or email.
Upon completion of a program or project all required forms, proof of payment, W-9 AND proof of credit given to NCC’s funding of project in published materials is to be submitted with ONE YEAR of grant approval notification date. This credit is required by the Mass Cultural Council and failure to comply may jeopardize future funding.
All forms for application, reimbursement, and logo for credit are available at www.massculturalcouncil.org
Payments are made on a reimbursement basis only and generally take 4-6 weeks.
Awards typically range from $ 100-$500.00.
FY22 Local Guidelines
1. Grants are considered on the basis of clarity of purpose, community involvement, financial need and those with a strong focus on the arts, humanities and interpretive sciences.
2. Grants are considered that are strongly based in support of the Norwell community and it’s programs.
3. Grants are not to be used to fund projects of a continuing nature unless content/audience varies .
4. All applications must have a confirmed supporting venue in place , date may be flexible. Evidence of this venue support will facilitate grant approval process.
5. Grants are accepted that support K-12 field trips to attend programs in the arts,humanities,sciences. Transportation costs are not supported
6. Further eligibility information is available at mass cultural council.org under Local Cultural Council Program link.
1. Deadline for filing period is Oct 15th of each year. Applications are available online at Massculturalcouncil.org No hard copy grants are accepted.
2. One completed and signed grant application must be submitted by 4:00 PM, Oct. 15th to the Council electronically as instructed at massculturalcouncil.org
If applying for funding for more than one program you must submit an application for each program.
3. Applications are reviewed during an open meeting, the date of which is posted at Town Hall.
4. Applicants will be notified in writing of the council’s decision. Applicants who are denied will be given fifteen (15) days to apply in writing for reconsideration.
5. Upon completion of the project or program, all required forms including a W-9 along with proof of payment must be submitted.
6. Payments are made on a reimbursement basis only. Reimbursement generally takes 4-6 weeks. Applicants are sent a reimbursement form link to use for their payment request. Projects and payment requests need to be completed within a year of the final award notification. Awards typically range from $100-$500.
7. In all published materials and announcements regarding activities supported by the NCC funds, the sponsoring group or individual must acknowledge this support with a written or verbal credit or by using the MCC logo. The credit statement is ” This program is supported in part by a grant from the Norwell Cultural Council, a local agency which is supported by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency.” The logo is available online at www.massculturalcouncil.org/contracts/logos. This credit is required by the MCC and failure to comply may jeopardize future funding.
In addition posters for display at venues are available upon request of Norwell LCC.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines