To experience this site in your native language, click below.
Para visitar este sitio web en su idioma nativo, haga clic a continuación.
Para experimentar este site em sua língua nativa, clique abaixo.
Back to Top
North Reading Cultural Council
The North Reading Cultural Council (NRCC) is a group of volunteers from the North Reading community who have been appointed by the town’s Select Board. The purpose of the NRCC is to enhance, elevate, and enrich cultural life within our community by funding arts, humanities, and science projects. The NRCC receives an annual grant from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts via the Massachusetts Cultural Council, and through a competitive grant application process, the NRCC funds projects in the arts, humanities, and sciences that expand access to cultural activities and events in the community.
Thank you for your interest in the North Reading Cultural Council and the grants available for the upcoming year (FY2023). Please review our local priorities and contact us if you have any questions.
North Reading Town Hall
235 North Street
North Reading, MA 01864-1260
Connect on Social
FY23 Local Priorities
North Reading Cultural Council Funding Priorities:
For each submitted application that meets the state’s eligibility requirements and criteria for funding, the Council will use the following to further compare and assess each project’s merit against others in the year’s application pool:
(1) top priority will be given to applications in which the applicant is a resident of North Reading or is collaborating with North Reading sponsors. For the latter, a letter from the North Reading sponsor, indicating their support for / role in the project, is to be included with the application at the same time it is submitted.
(2) applications with project dates defined as clearly as they can be will be favored.
(3) favor will be given to projects reaching under-served populations in North Reading.
(4) when reviewing school-based applications, favor will be given to projects when they clearly articulate how the project works to enhance the school’s curriculum.
(5) in order to fund broadly within the community as recommended by the state council; repeat applicants and programs will be given a lower priority.
(6) projects that reach a cross-section of generations in North Reading will be favored when possible; additionally the size of the intended audience will be taken into account.
FY23 Local Guidelines
Information not provided
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY23 Funding List
A grant list will be published here after January 17, 2023 and once the Local Cultural Council has finalized their decisions.
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines
Mass Cultural Council publishes any updates as they become available. Last update was made on
December 6, 2022 at 08:30 AM UTC