Nahant Cultural Council
The mission of the Nahant Cultural Council is to preserve the cultural life of our community by encouraging local cultural organizations and supporting performances in the fields of the arts, humanities, and science.
334 Nahant Road
Nahant, MA 01908-1470
FY24 Local Priorities
1. Only programs developed by a Nahant resident or programs developed by a non-resident with sponsorship by a Nahant organization will be funded. Applications sponsored by a Nahant organization should include a letter of support from them for the project.
2. All funded projects must take place in Nahant, benefit Nahant residents, and be accessible to the general public. Please refer to Mass. Cultural Council Guidelines at https://massculturalcouncil.org/documents/lccguidelines.pdf
3. Applicants are encouraged to blend additional funding for their projects.
4. Applications must provide financial details and detailed planning for their project.
5. Applicants who have received funding for multiple years will have a lower funding priority.
6. Funded programs must credit the Nahant Cultural Council & the Mass Cultural Council on all advertising, promotion materials and on the day of the program (via social media or at the venue, etc.). Grant applicants are responsible for all promotions of their event with the collaboration of the venue or organization.
FY24 Local Guidelines
1. Programs with a focus on humanities, local art/artists, music/musicians, culture, history, or nature/environment.
2. Community wide events, including festivals, concerts, plays, performances, exhibits, lectures, fairs, etc.
3. Opportunities for local residents, children, youth, and seniors to participate
4. Programs to expand local support and understanding of diverse or underserved populations
5. Projects that demonstrate artistic or creative merit, good design, documented qualifications, accessibility, and community benefit/involvement.
6. The Nahant Cultural Council (NCC) will not accept applications for grant funding where an NCC member is the principal applicant or has a financial interest the proposed project. The NCC welcomes the contributions of its members to support a proposed project on a volunteer basis and be named in an application as such. In accordance with the Massachusetts Cultural Council, all NCC members will abide by Massachusetts conflict of interest policies.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY23 Funding List
|Nahant Historical Society
||Flights of Fancy: The Live Passions of the artist Norman Laliberte
||‚The Brahms Trilogy‘ house concert series
||The Delvena Theatre Company
||The Incredible Mae West!
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines