Medway Cultural Council
The Medway Cultural Council is one of 329 councils serving communities across Massachusetts. Its mission is to promote excellence, access, and diversity in the arts, humanities, and interpretive sciences in order to enhance the quality of life in our community. We strive to support cultural offerings that are equitable, just, and inclusive. Through the funding of local arts projects, programs, classes, and special events here in Medway, we hope to achieve these goals.
The Medway Cultural Council mission is to infuse our community with rich art and cultural
experiences through both grant funding and program development as well as recognizing our local artists and nourishing the conditions under which the artist community can thrive.
Co-Chairs Gail Hachenburg, Jordan Warnick
155 Village Street
Medway, MA 02053
FY22 Local Priorities
The Medway Cultural Council (MEDCC) gathers input from the community every three years and develops funding priorities based on this feedback. This year the MEDCC will give priority to:
1. Applicants that have secured a local venue and/or partner.
2. Projects that create art in public spaces.
3. Projects that grapple with the current social, environmental, and economic crises.
4, Projects that are friendly to the challenges brought about by physical distancing.
5. Projects that serve youth, the elderly or other underserved groups.
6. Projects that focus on local history.
In addition to these priorities, applications will be evaluated using the following review criteria:
1. How well the program meets local priorities.
2. Community support and involvement.
3. Evidence of track record and good reviews of the applicant.
4. Ability to address the diverse cultural needs of Medway’s underserved populations or support diverse forms of cultural activities.
5. Financial need, and
6. Demonstrated planning.
FY22 Local Guidelines
Local guidelines are on our web site: http://www.medwayculturalcouncil.org/guidelines.html
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines