Marblehead Cultural Council
What We Do
The Marblehead Cultural Council is one of 351 local organizations that are funded directly from the Massachusetts Cultural Council to support community cultural, artistic, scientific and historical activities. Board members are appointed by the Board of Selectmen.
We encourage local residents to submit applications which we review each fall and award grants. Our website can be found at www.marbleheadculturalcouncil.org
The Cultural Council schedules meetings throughout the year based on need, roughly every other month.
Further information may also be found on the Town of Marblehead web site Marblehead.org or at email@example.com or by contacting the Chair.
Jennifer Uhl, Chair
PO Box 1217
Marblehead, MA 01945-5217
Connect on Social
FY24 Local Priorities
The MCC places emphasis on:
– New, emerging, and established artists and programs in local venues
– Racially and culturally diverse programming
– Consideration of new applicants (Programs that have received MCC funding for multiple years may have lower priority.)
FY24 Local Guidelines
In addition to state criteria, our council implements the following guidelines:
– All projects must benefit Marblehead residents.
– All projects must be accessible to the general public.
– All funding grants are limited.
– Each MCC funded project must be completed within the calendar year.
– All grants made by the MCC are reimbursement-based.
– If you are awarded a grant, you will be required to submit a final report to the MCC upon completion of your program.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY23 Funding List
||5th Annual Indigenous Peoples Day Event
||Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary
||Nature in your neighborhood - All about birds
||MUSE Incorporated - Musical Visits for Seniors
||Me & Thee Music
||World Music at the Me&Thee (https://meandthee.org)
||Sustainable Marblehead, Inc.
||Green Home Tour
||Thibeault, Sharon W.
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines