Lynn Cultural Council
The Lynn Cultural Council (LCC) is part of the Massachusetts Cultural Council’s (MCC) network of local cultural councils across the Commonwealth.
Sunil Gulab, Administrator
3 City Hall Square
Lynn, MA 01901-1052
FY23 Local Priorities
1. The Lynn Cultural Council may give greater consideration to applicants that are able to collaborate with multiple organizations & individuals from Lynn, MA.
2. The Lynn Cultural Council will prioritize applications which give a voice to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA) populations. Communities of color, immigrant & refugee communities, gender minorities, LGBTQ+, disabled, low-income, and other historically marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
3. The LCC will prioritize applications which provide cultural opportunities for youth.
4. Programs that have received LCC funding for multiple years or are submitting multiple applications, may have a lower funding priority so that we may equitably distribute funds to applicants who have not received funds in the past.
5. The LCC will prioritize applications focused on education in schools and for the community-at-large about the Arts, Humanities, and Sciences.
FY23 Local Guidelines
1. Preferred applicants reside, work, and/or have an organization/business in Lynn, MA or have an established partnership with an organization/business based in Lynn, MA.
2. Programs must take place in Lynn, MA and significantly benefit the residents of Lynn, MA.The LCC will prioritize applications which demonstrate thorough planning (e.g. specific dates/times, comprehensive budgets, confirmed venues, etc.). Therefore, we strongly encourage applicants to include documentation to any partnerships with Lynn organizations and/or venues (e.g. Letter of Acknowledgement, Notes from Owners, Confirmation, etc.)
3.(Mass Cultural Council Guideline) Requested/Awarded Funds can not be used for the purchase of food, beverages, or catering, and can not be used for any travel related expenses (bus, trains, ferry, planes, etc.)
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY23 Funding List
|Aborn School||Arts and Cultural Experiences||$1,000||Bassion, Kirsten||Lydia Pinkham Open Studios||$1,500||Beyond Walls, Inc.||Taking the Classroom to the Streets||$500||Boff, Anthony J.||Story Slam at Lynn Classical High School||$2,500||Brickett Elementary School||Community collaboration to create interactive artwork on schoolyard asphalt||$1,900||Brickett Elementary School||Multicultural dance and music festival||$1,200||Cabrera, Edwin||Hip Hop in the Park||$2,000||Certan, Ion||Art Therapy Classes for Lynn Shelter Association Housing Residents||$2,760||Cultura Latina Dance Academy, Inc.||CLDA 2023||$2,500||Cultura Latina Dance Academy, Inc.||CLDA Family Festival||$1,500||Cultura Latina Dance Academy, Inc.||CLDA Cultural & Hispanic Heritage Month Tour||$1,750||Diverse People United||Liberation for All||$1,500||Diverse People United||DPU Youth Programming||$2,150||Ethnic Arts Center of Somerville, Inc.||Part 3-Around the World School-Age Puppetry Arts Festival at Gregg House-"My FamilyTradition" Toy Theatre||$1,750||Francois, Danielle||Lynn Lynn City To Dine In||$1,000||Frenkel, Yetti M.||A Community Portrait in Words and Pictures||$1,400||Friends of the Lynn Public Library, Inc.||2023 Summer Reading Program||$4,000||Galleries At LynnArts, Inc.||Help keep the lights on||$4,000||Goldfish Pond Association, Inc.||Children's Planting Day at Goldfish Pond, Lynn, MA||$400||Grand Army of the Republic Hall & Museum||Abolitionist Tour of Pine Grove Cemetery||$700||Grand Army of the Republic Hall & Museum||Second Friday Lectures at the GAR||$400||Guerin, Sarah M.||Ten Footers - History and Living Traditions at Trails & Sails||$740||Guerin, Sarah M.||Lynn's Shoe Stories||$1,000||Guerin, Sarah M.||Shoemaking in 2022||$940||Gulab, Sunil||Lynn Summer Arts Fest||$5,000||Gulab, Sunil||6 Paint Nites||$2,000||Gulab, Sunil||Senior Center Art Class||$3,000||Guzman, Michelle||Traditional Breakfast from Guatemala||$1,000||Guzman, Michelle||Lynn Tour by Trolley for Seniors||$1,000||Guzman, Michelle||The Latino Flavor of Art||$1,000||Guzman, Michelle||St Crispin's Scavanger Hunt Online||$1,000||Hart, Francis||A Cultural and Historical Reflection of the 1960s through the Music of The Beatles||$350||Israel, Franz||Animalia Lynn||$2,000||Jacobson, Sally||Cyanotype Workshops and Demos||$1,550||Latina Center MARIA, Inc.||Children's Reading and Daycare Project||$3,000||Love Your Magic, Inc.||BE WELL RETREATS for GIRLS||$5,000||Luna, Jose||The Keep Moving Forward Festival||$3,670||Lynn Arts, Music & Media Foundation||Lynn Hip Hop Exhibit||$1,000||Lynn Classical High School||Visualizing Music: A Multi-Dimensional Community Mural||$840||Lynn Historical Society, Inc.||Museum Enrichment Series for All||$750||Lynn Historical Society, Inc.||Second Saturday||$2,500||Lynn Woods School||Paint night with Leah Kalapinski Warren||$1,500||MUSIC Dance.edu||Hip Hop Chair Dance for Seniors!||$600||MUSIC Dance.edu||I am Autistic I am Fantastic||$780||Nadj, Jozef||North Shore Music Center||$500||New American Association of Massachusetts, Inc.||Music Lessons for Refugee Youth||$2,100||North Shore Juneteenth Association, Inc.||Local Black Excellence Forum||$1,000||North Shore Juneteenth Association, Inc.||Family Friendly Paint Event||$600||North Shore Juneteenth Association, Inc.||North Shore Juneteenth presents the Frederick Douglass Reading at Frederick Douglass Park||$3,000||OnStage, Inc.||Afterschool Theater Workshop||$1,100||Prevent the Cycle||Afro Diaspora conversations||$4,000||RAW Art Works, Inc.||RAW Chiefs: RAW's paid, leadership program for teens||$2,000||Recinos, Cristian||United Lynn Pride Festivities 2023||$3,000||Saintz Kitchen||Saintz Kitchen||$500||Simmons, David||Music at Lynn Farmers Market||$1,500||Skahan, Joe||Learn to SCUBA with Undersea Divers||$950||Skahan, Joe||Fecteau Science Club All Stars||$1,200||Slater, Kelly||A Closer Look at Trees, from Old Growth to the Urban Forest||$1,347||The Friends of Lynn & Nahant Beach, Inc||Red Rock Park Summer Concert Series||$2,600||The Musary, JRP Inc.||Musary Musical Instrument Lending Acquisitions||$500||The REAL Program, Inc.||Lynn the City of Readers (second edition)||$1,500||Thurgood Marshall Middle School||Community Fair||$1,000||Tracy Elementary School||Culturally Responsive Interdisciplinary Home-School Partnership||$3,000||Varga-Nadj, Margerita||Lynn Chamber Players||$4,000||Waterman, Jon||Live Music Making History Live||$300||Werth, Nicole||Creative meet-ups and drop in making sessions||$2,500||York, Matt||Johnny Cash Songs and Stories||$550||Young Men's Christian Association of Metro North, Inc.||Lynn YMCA Music Studio||$750||Zaino, Nick||100 Years of Boston Comedy||$400||merryman, christy||207 theatre project||$1,000||musanda, jefferson||Sewing Techniques||$2,500|