Littleton Cultural Council
The Littleton Cultural Council, whose members are appointed by the Board of Selectmen, supports community cultural projects through its grant program. Funds are received from the Massachusetts Cultural Council, whose mission is to promote excellence, access, education and diversity in the arts, humanities, and interpretive sciences in order to improve the quality of life for all Massachusetts residents and to contribute to the economic vitality of our communities.
Jeanne Bracken, Chair
37 Shattuck Street
Littleton, MA 01460-1263
Connect on Social
FY22 Local Priorities
The Littleton Cultural Council gathers input from the community yearly and develops funding priorities based on this feedback. This year the Littleton Cultural Council will give priority to:
– School engagement
– Public art within the Town of Littleton: Installations can be either permanent or semi-permanent; some degree of interactivity or community participation is encouraged, but not required. Projects should enhance and beautify Littleton, its history, peoples, and places.
– Eco-focused Art: Projects which marry the natural sciences and art. For example, projects viewing global climate change through the lens of art.
An informal community survey elicited wishes for programming like public art, as stated above, plus outdoor concerts, an International festival with parade, a demonstration of henna art, an origami program, a class teaching watercoloring to beginners. As ever, we welcome innovative arts programs as well as repeats of earlier successes.
In addition to the state criteria, applications will be evaluated using the following review criteria:
– How well the program meets our local priorities
– Community support and involvement
– Evidence of track record and dedication of the applicant
– Ability to address the diverse cultural needs of a community’s underserved populations or support diverse forms of cultural activities
– Amplifying under represented and diverse voices
– Financial need
– COVID back up planning
FY22 Local Guidelines
LCC Program Guidelines https://massculturalcouncil.org/documents/lccguidelines.pdf
LCC Program Guidelines for Councils Offering Direct Grants (PDF)
AND Direct Grant Instructions
Guidance for Local Cultural Councils and their Grantees in Response to COVID-19 https://massculturalcouncil.org/covid-19-resources/guidance-for-local-cultural-councils-and-their-grantees-in-response-to-covid-19/
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines