Lenox Cultural Council
The Lenox Cultural Council, with funding from the Mass. Cultural Council and the Town of Lenox, awards grants to organizations and individuals to help underwrite projects, programs and events in the arts, humanities, and sciences to foster a rich cultural life for Lenox residents. We are committed to supporting the work of local artists, cultural institutions, schools, and other groups with a focus on making cultural activities accessible and engaging to all. New and innovative projects are encouraged. Applications that provide free or low-cost programs/events will be given priority. The Council is pleased to award funding to programs that fit within the above criteria and that of the Mass. Cultural Council, to the extent the State allocation allows.
6 Walker Street
Lenox, MA 01240-2767
FY24 Local Priorities
1) Underwrite projects, programs and events in the arts, humanities and sciences in order to foster a rich cultural life for Lenox residents.
2) Support the work of local artists, cultural institutions, schools and other groups with a focus on making cultural activities accessible and engaging to all.
3) New and innovative projects are encouraged.
4) Applications that provide free or low-cost programs/events will be given priority.
5) Support the following activities identified in the 2023 Community Survey as priorities: Community-wide gatherings: festivals, concerts, plays; Nature, science and environmental education projects; Arts education in the schools and projects celebrating local history, cultural diversity.
6) Support programs and events that benefit the following populations as identified in the 2023 Community Survey as priorities: families, low-income, teens, seniors and immigrant communities.
7) If you are not a Berkshire-based potential grantee, please note in your application a Berkshire-based organization you have partnered with for your program/event.
8) If your program is ongoing, please provide information on the number of Lenox residents you served in the last 3 years
FY24 Local Guidelines
– Town-based applicants are given preference over those from out of town.
– Priority will be given to projects and programs that benefit the Lenox community.
– Preference is given to applications that are clear and specific about the activities that are being proposed.
– New applications and innovative proposals are encouraged, but the applicant must have a sponsor or venue.
– Council funds are not intended as the sole source of funding for projects. We encourage applicants to seek additional funding support for their programs and projects.
– The Cultural Council gives preference to specific events and programs rather than operational expenses.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY23 Funding List
|Back Room Boston, Inc.
||Ezekiel's Wheels Klezmer Band at Kimball Farms
||Bates III, Davis R.
||Halloween Harvest: A Performance for Seniors
||Berkshire Children's Chorus, Inc.
||Ukulele Lessons for student singers in the Berkshire Children’s Chorus
||Berkshire Music School, Inc.
||2023 Lenox Loves Music
||Berkshire South Regional Community Center
||Berkshire Ukulele Band (BUB) and Berkshire Sings! (Sings!)
||Cantilena Chamber Choir Corporation
||Town of Lenox December Festivities
||Edith Wharton Restoration, Inc.
||Elijah T. Grasshopper at The Mount
||Festival Latino of the Berkshires, Inc.
||Festival Latino of the Berkshires
||Greenagers' Education and Stewardship
||Lenox Library Association
||Gaia Roots World Music Ensemble performance
||Hip Hop Chair Dance for Seniors!
||Maichack, Mary Jo D.
||In the Wee Small Hours Cabaret Concert
||Christmas/Holiday Sing along by the Fanfare Brass Ensemble
||Pittsfield Shakespeare, Inc.
||Pittsfield Shakespeare in the Park
||Its My Body: Art for Social Change
||SculptureNow @ The Mount 2023
||Shakespeare & Company, Inc.
||2023 Fall Festival of Shakespeare
||Tamarack Hollow Nature and Cultural Center, Inc.
||Explore the fauna, flora and cultural history of Olivias Overlook Hike
||The Stockbridge Sinfonia, Inc.
||The Stockbridge Sinfonia: Intergenerational Community Orchestra of the Berkshires
||WAM Theatre, Inc.
||WAM Theatre’s 2023 Season and Community Engagement program
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines