To experience this site in your native language, click below.
Para visitar este sitio web en su idioma nativo, haga clic a continuación.
Para experimentar este site em sua língua nativa, clique abaixo.
Back to Top
Lancaster Cultural Council
The Lancaster Cultural Council’s purpose is to promote and support local and regional Arts, Humanities, and Interpretive Sciences. The Council gathers input from the community every three years and develops funding priorities based on that feedback. Programs and activities that interest and benefit all ages are considered. Past funding has supported music events, plays, and enrichment programs both in our schools and in the community.
695 Main Street
Lancaster, MA 01523-2295
FY22 Local Priorities
The Lancaster Cultural Council continues to participate in the Massachusetts Cultural Council Pilot Reimbursement program. Within two weeks of award notification, grant recipients must return a Grant Acceptance Form and W-9 in order to process the award check. Once the project is complete, grantees have two weeks to submit the required Final Report form and required receipts.
Priority is given to:
– Applications from local artists, organizations or groups
– Projects that demonstrate detailed planning including venue confirmation, date(s)
– Projects with complete and detailed budgets
– Projects or events that are free and / or low cost (for attendance or participation)
– Applications that show a match of cash or in kind services
– Proposals that address the diverse cultural needs of our community or support diverse forms of cultural activities
– Collaborative projects between cultural and community groups
– A project that has received funding in the past from Lancaster Cultural Council must be updated or in some way altered such as incorporating new content, or relevant /current technology.
– Only online applications are accepted
FY22 Local Guidelines
– Applications must be postmarked by October 15th.
– Applications must be for projects that take place between January 1 and December 31 of the upcoming year.
– Submissions that do not adhere to local guidelines will not be considered.
– Incomplete or late submissions will not be considered.
– Artists and organizations based outside of Lancaster are considered if they have obtained the sponsorship of a local non-profit organization. The application should include a letter from an authorized representative of the sponsor stating that there is a secured venue and the program has the support of the sponsor. F137
– The local council may place conditions on any grant awarded by the council.E136
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines
Mass Cultural Council publishes any updates to this page's information hourly. Last update was made on
January 19, 2022 at 07:26 PM UTC