Lancaster Cultural Council
The Lancaster Cultural Council’s purpose is to promote and support local and regional Arts, Humanities, and Interpretive Sciences. The Council gathers input from the community every three years and develops funding priorities based on that feedback. Programs and activities that interest and benefit all ages are considered. Past funding has supported music events, plays, and enrichment programs both in our schools and in the community.
695 Main Street
Lancaster, MA 01523-2294
FY24 Local Priorities
The Lancaster Cultural Council continues to participate in the Massachusetts Cultural Council Direct Grant program. Within two weeks of award notification, grant recipients must return a Grant Acceptance Form and W-9 in order to process the award check. Once the project is complete, grantees have two weeks to submit the required Final Report form and required receipts.
Priority is given to:
– Applications from local artists, organizations or groups
– Projects that demonstrate detailed planning including venue confirmation, date(s)
– Projects with complete and detailed budgets
– Projects or events that are free and / or low cost (for attendance or participation)
– Applications that show a match of cash or in kind services
– Proposals that address the diverse cultural needs of our community or support diverse forms of cultural activities
– Collaborative projects between cultural and community groups
– A project that has received funding in the past from Lancaster Cultural Council must be updated or in some way altered such as incorporating new content, or relevant /current technology.
– Only online applications are accepted
FY24 Local Guidelines
– Applications must be submitted by October 17th.
– Applications must be for projects that take place between January 1 and December 31 of the upcoming year.
– Submissions that do not adhere to local guidelines will not be considered.
– Incomplete or late submissions will not be considered.
– Artists and organizations based outside of Lancaster are considered if they have obtained the sponsorship of a local non-profit organization. The application should include a letter from an authorized representative of the sponsor stating that there is a secured venue and the program has the support of the sponsor.
– The local council may place conditions on any grant awarded by the council.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY23 Funding List
|Bates III, Davis R.
||Raising Our Voices: Summer Reading Performance
||Fitchburg Art Museum, Inc.
||87th Regional Exhibition of Art & Craft
||Friends of the Thayer Memorial Library, Inc.
||Music on the Green
||Johnny Appleseed Trail Association, Inc.
||Johnny Appleseed Visitor Center Cultural Components
||Nashoba FIRST Robotics Team #1768
||Nashoba Friends of Drama
||Nashoba Symphonic Band
||Nashoba Symphonic Band
||Seven Bridge Writer's Collaborative, Inc.
||Afternoon of Brass #2
||Scenes from the Heart of New England
||Thayer Memorial Library
||Say What?! Joyful Participation Stories
||Virginia Thurston Healing Garden, Inc.
||Artistic Movement: Moving to Heal
||Worcester Chamber Music Society, Inc.
||Worcester Chamber Music Society Fall Concert--Free Tickets for Town Residents
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines