Foxborough Cultural Council
40 South Street
Foxborough, MA 02035-2397
FY22 Local Priorities
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The Foxborough Cultural Council is pleased to be one of 351 cities and towns in Massachusetts to award funds in partnership with the Massachusetts Cultural Council. Grant awards typically range between $50 and $500.
Based on the feedback we received in our 2020 Community Input Survey, we will give priority to individuals and organizations who serve families and the whole community. We will also prioritize programs and services that give access to our community in at least one of the following:
– cultural diversity
– nature & science
– theatre arts
– visual arts
– local history
Criteria considered include:
– artistic, humanistic or scientific quality
– ADA accessible
– value to the community
– quality of planning
– community support and/or involvement
– the track record of the applicant. The applicant’s qualifications must be demonstrated and, if the applicant is not directly leading the activity (i.e., a community agency is hiring an artist), then qualifications of the individual(s) leading the activity must also be described.
One of our key purposes is to strengthen our community”s performers, educators and artists. We understand that this year is challenging so if you are an artist, educator, musician or supporter of the above areas please contact us with your ideas. Applicants are encouraged to send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Foxborough-based applicants will be given preference over out-of-town applicants. Funded events should take place in Foxborough, or at least be easily accessible to Foxborough residents.
2. Projects must demonstrate their relationship to the town; they must show a direct benefit to Foxborough residents. Even if it is a virtual event, please explain how it will benefit the community and give your plan for local promotion prior to the event.
3. For projects that take place in public schools, libraries and other municipal agencies, only enrichment projects utilizing outside professionals are allowed. All applicants proposing to work in the Foxborough Public Schools must receive and document approval from the Superintendent of Schools or the building Principal.
4. The Foxborough Cultural Council will not consider funding any scholarships, tuition reimbursement, travel expenses, and school field trips.
1. Online applications are preferred. If you require a paper application, please contact email@example.com
2. Applicants must provide a letter of support/commitment from the sponsoring organization, if applicable, including the contact name and information.
3. Documentation of a confirmed venue and date is preferred.
4. Applicants must submit a set of supporting materials. Depending on the type of proposal, these materials may include: resume, publicity, critical reviews or other printed materials; as well as photos, slides, CDs or DVDs. Materials that are not submitted electronically with a grant application can be sent to the address listed in the Council Info tab; please include your application ID so we can match your materials to your application.
5. Foxborough Cultural Council is a direct granting program which funds the grantees as soon as the mandatory paperwork is completed. In order to accept your grant and receive payment, you must complete and return a Grant Agreement and W-9, which will be enclosed in the award letter.
6.Grantees will be required to submit a final report to the Local Cultural Council upon completion of their program.
7. All applicants are expected to have read and abided by the LCC State Guidelines. You will find a copy in the LCC Program Guidelines tab.
FY22 Local Guidelines
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The Foxborough Cultural Council is pleased to be one of 351 cities and towns in Massachusetts to award funds in partnership with the Massachusetts Cultural Council. These funds are granted to qualified individuals and organizations to support cultural projects that benefit the community. Eligible disciplines include arts, humanities and interpretive sciences. Applications are sought annually and evaluated on a competitive basis in the fall. Grant awards typically range between $50 and $500. Larger awards are given on occasion. New or previously unsuccessful applicants are encouraged to discuss their proposals with a council member before the deadline; members may be reached at the contact information listed above. General Information about both the Foxborough Cultural Council and the Massachusetts Cultural Council may be found online at www.massculturalcouncil.org or www.mass-culture.org.
Applicants can be:
a) arts, humanities or interpretive science organizations;
b) individuals including artists, science educators, historians or other humanists, parents, community members, etc.;
c) community organizations including, but not limited to, schools, social service organizations, municipal agencies and civic groups, religious organizations, neighborhood centers, youth, senior and family associations, etc.;
Incorporated organizations must be nonprofit; unincorporated associations must have a nonprofit objective. Applicants must reside in Massachusetts and should have been engaged in the kind of activity for which funds are requested for at least one year.
LOCAL GUIDELINES, FUNDING PRIORITIES, AND CONDITIONS:
****PLEASE READ AND ABIDE BY OUR LOCAL GUIDELINES WHEN SUBMITTING A GRANT APPLICATION. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES MAY LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR APPLICATION. Our local guidelines are based on and exists in addition to the Massachusetts Cultural Council State Guidelines which are available for review at www.massculturalcouncil.org or www.mass-culture.org.
Grant proposals are evaluated by a municipally appointed panel of artists, humanists and community representatives. Local council funds may only be used to support programs in the arts, humanities, and interpretive sciences in Massachusetts. Criteria include artistic, humanistic or scientific quality, value to the community, quality of planning, community support and/or involvement and the track record of the applicant. The applicant’s qualifications must be demonstrated, and if the applicant is not directly leading the activity (i.e., a community agency is hiring an artist), then qualifications of the individual(s) leading the activity must also be described.
1. Foxborough based applicants will be given preference over out of town applicants. Funded events should take place in Foxborough, or at least be easily accessible to Foxborough residents.
2. Applicants must provide written documentation of a confirmed request for the performance, or a confirmed venue and/or date, from the sponsoring organization.
3. Projects must demonstrate their relationship to the town; they must show a direct benefit to Foxborough residents.
Proposals from schools, libraries and municipal agencies must not request support for activities that should be or have been part of the municipal budget (i.e. teacher salaries or stipends, classroom supplies, school-sponsored clubs and organizations, school plays, library books/videos, capital expenditures etc.). Only enrichment projects utilizing outside professionals are allowed. All applicants proposing to work in the Foxborough public schools must receive and document approval from the Superintendent of Schools or the building Principal.
5. Funded activities must take place in handicapped accessible venues.
6. The t
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY22 Funding List
||Library of Games
||Hip Hop Dance Chair Exercise for Seniors!
||Monday Night Live - Broadway and the Classics
|Bernon Family Branch of the Hockomock Area YMCA
||The Lightning Thief: The Percy Jackson Musical
||Hip Hop Playtime!
||“Swingin’ Sixties- Women Singers find their Voice”
|Sharon Community Chamber Orchestra, Inc.
||Easton Chamber Music Festival
|Doll E Daze Project, Inc.
||"Hopeful Journey" re-opening art exhibit at Morini Gallery
|Foxboro Regional Center for the Performing Arts, Inc.
||Building New Audiences
|Timothy D. Kane
||Al Together Drumming
|The Un-Common Theatre Company, Inc
||YPP Production - Moana JR
|Foxborough Rotary Club
||International Peace Day
|Neponset Choral Society, Inc.
||2021-2022 Concert Season
|The Road to Diversity and Understanding
||Abolition Day Celebration
|Friends of Jennings Hill. Inc.
||The History & Preservation of Our Early Historic Landmarks
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines