Fall River Cultural Council
2023 Grant cycle
Applications are available September 1, 2022. The deadline is October 17, 2022.
Projects must take place between December 1, 2022 and December 31, 2023.
Only on line applications will be accepted. Please remember to follow all MCC and FRCC guidelines, procedures, and priorities.
• Please EMAIL a completed signed reimbursement form to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Reimbursement forms may be found at https://www.massculturalcouncil.org/contracts/lccreim.pdf.
1 Government Center
Fall River, MA 02722-7700
Connect on Social
FY23 Local Priorities
2023 Council Priorities
LCC Grants: (CULTURAL FIELD TRIPS see below)
1. Projects must take place between December 1, 2022 and December 31, 2023
2. All performances by professional artists, humanists and cultural organizations must take place in the City of Fall River or reflect a collaborative partnership within the Greater Fall River Area, with a significant benefit to the citizens of Fall River. Preference will be given to Fall River based artists, humanists and cultural organizations.
3. Individual artists and humanists who reside or work in Fall River may undertake either a systematic activity leading to the enhancement of their skills or a specific project in their discipline. For these purposes, stipends up to $3,000.00 for local artists will be considered. The FRCC is particularly interested in projects that will enhance visibility of art and culture in the Fall River Community.
4. Large scale projects may exceed the limit for local artists. Artists are required to submit specific dimensions of their artistic work, a complete list of supplies and costs of materials, and the location of their project to be approved by the Fall River Cultural Council. This project must be made available to the FRCC for viewing. Artists are also required to display their work in a public venue within the City of Fall River.
5. Professional artists of high caliber may be brought to the city as guest artists or artists in residence in order to broaden appreciation for the arts by the local population.
6. Collaborative efforts among cultural organizations and artists with broad community involvement are encouraged.
7. Cultural organizations may request funds for a capital expenditure to insure their continued vitality. Such special needs shall be of a non-recurring nature, and must have matching funds
8. All applicants who are proposing programs in the Fall River School System (except Cultural Field Trips) must first receive written approval from the Director of Fine Arts of the Fall River School Department. If the Council does not receive written approval by the application deadline, the application will not be reviewed.
9. The venue and dates for the project must be clearly stated. A written confirmation from the collaborating artist/s and/or organization/s must be attached. Exceptions will be made due to extenuating circumstances, e.g. Covid.
10. For applications that involve an “end product” or “work,” the FRCC will have access to the end product/work for a period of one year.
11. A one (1) page detailed budget of the proposed project should include: material expenses, tuition, rental, printing costs, and anticipated revenues, etc. If this project is art for a public site, assign value to the work and detail framing or installation costs.
12. First time applicants (Only): Should describe their relevant experience as it pertains to their project.
CULTURAL FIELD TRIPS:
1. Events must take place outside of the school setting.
2. Only schools located in Fall River may apply.
3. The venue, program, and date must be clearly stated. (The only change allowed is a change in date due to snow days or mandatory state testing.).
4. The FRCC will award up to a maximum of $20.00 of the admission price.
5. The FRCC will fund only ONE (1) field trip application for one grade level per school. Exception: small schools may combine different grade levels to fill a maximum of ONE (1) bus
6. The Fall River Cultural Council does NOT pay for transportation costs or chaperone tickets.
7. The name of the school should be listed as part of the Applicant name.
FY23 Local Guidelines
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY23 Funding List
A grant list will be published here after January 17, 2023 and once the Local Cultural Council has finalized their decisions.
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines