To experience this site in your native language, click below.
Para visitar este sitio web en su idioma nativo, haga clic a continuación.
Para experimentar este site em sua língua nativa, clique abaixo.
Back to Top
Fall River Cultural Council
2022 Grant cycle
Congratulations to the 49 applications that have been approved for funding!
2022 should be a great year, with exciting new and innovative projects!.
� Please EMAIL a completed signed reimbursement form to email@example.com
� Reimbursement forms may be found at https://www.massculturalcouncil.org/contracts/lccreim.pdf.
1 Government Center
Fall River, MA 02722-9701
Connect on Social
FY22 Local Priorities
- Projects must take place between December 1, 2020 and December 31, 2021.
- All performances by professional artists, humanists and cultural organizations must take place in the City of Fall River or reflect a collaborative partnership within the Greater Fall River Area, with a significant benefit to the citizens of Fall River. Preference will be given to Fall River based artists, humanists and cultural organizations.
- Individual artists and humanists who reside or work in Fall River may undertake either a systematic activity leading to the enhancement of their skills or a specific project in their discipline. For these purposes, stipends up to $2,000.00 for local artists will be considered. The FRCC is particularly interested in projects that will enhance visibility of art and culture in the Fall River Community. Large scale projects of this nature may exceed the typical $2,000 limit for local artists. Artists are required to submit specific dimensions of their artistic work, a complete list of supplies and costs of materials, and the location of their project to be approved by the Fall River Cultural Council. This project must be made available to the FRCC for viewing. Artists are also required to display their work in a public venue within the City of Fall River.
- Professional artists of high caliber may be brought to the city as guest artists or artists in residence in order to broaden appreciation for the arts by the local population.
- Collaborative efforts among cultural organizations and artists with broad community involvement are encouraged.
- Cultural organizations may request funds for a capital expenditure to insure their continued vitality. Such special needs shall be of a non-recurring nature, and must have matching fund.
- All applicants who are proposing programs in the Fall River School System (except Cultural Field Trips) must first receive written approval from the Director of Fine Arts of the Fall River School Department. If the Council does not receive written approval by the application deadline, the application will not be reviewed.
- The venue and dates for the project must be clearly stated. A written confirmation from the collaborating artist/s and/or organization/s must be attached..
- For stipend applications that involve an “end product” or “work,” the FRCC will have access to the end product/work for a period of one year.
- A one (1) page detailed budget of the proposed project should include: material expenses, tuition, rental, printing costs, and anticipated revenues, etc. If this project is art for a public site, assign value to the work and detail framing or installation costs.
- First time applicants (Only): Should describe their relevant experience as it pertains to their project.
CULTURAL FIELD TRIPS
- Events must take place outside of the school setting.
- Only schools located in Fall River may apply.
- The venue, program, and date must be clearly stated. (The only change allowed is a change in date due to snow days or mandatory state testing.).
- The FRCC will award up to a maximum of $15.00 of the admission price.
- The FRCC will fund only ONE (1) field trip application for one grade level per school. Exception: small schools may combine different grade levels to fill a maximum of ONE (1) bus
- The Fall River Cultural Council does NOT pay for transportation costs or chaperone tickets.
- The name of the school should be listed as part of the Applicant name.
FY22 Local Guidelines
CULTURAL FIELD TRIPS – FRCC GUIDELINES FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2015 – 2016
(Note: for LCC requirements please scroll down.)
- ALL MCC and FRCC guidelines and procedures must be followed.
- All Applications must be typed and all questions contained on the application form must be answered.
- The applicant name must be the name of the school or organization. (Not the person applying.)
- Applications must be signed by the school principal.
- Events must take place outside of the school setting.
- Events must take place within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- BOTH the venue AND the program/s must be clearly stated.
- The date of the field trip must be clearly stated.
- The Fall River Cultural Council may award up to a maximum of $15.00 of the admission price.
- We will accept only ONE (1) application per school.
- We will fund one project or program for one grade per school. Exception: small schools may combine different grade levels to fill a maximum of ONE (1) bus.
- All requests should be for age appropriate programs.
- Applications will be evaluated solely on the basis of information presented by the applicant on the application form, supplements, and appendices.
- The Fall River Cultural Council does not pay for transportation costs.
- The Fall River Cultural Council does not pay for chaperone tickets.
- Awards are made only on a reimbursement basis.
- All projects must be completed in full as approved by the FRCC, regardless of award amount. We will not consider nor will we reimburse projects that are not completed as proposed (i.e. sending less students because partial funding was awarded.) Exception: Snow dates for the same program.
- In addition to the Massachusetts Cultural Council application the following information must be attached:
- applicant’s total school population (as of application date).
- grade levels served by the school.
- number of students per grade level served by this program.
- breakdown of cost. (i.e. museum entrance fee and special exhibit fee.)
FRCC Requirements for LCC Grants
A. All applicants:
- All MCC and FRCC guidelines and procedures must be followed.
- Applicant name for organizations must be the name of the non-profit that has a tax ID #.
- Attendance at the workshop is strongly encouraged by both the Massachusetts and the Fall River Council for all applicants, especially first time applicants. The person who will actually be writing the application should be the person who attends the workshop.
- Applications must be complete and typed. All questions contained on the application and supplemental forms must be answered. Applications will be evaluated solely on the basis of information presented by the applicant on the application form, supplements, and appendices.
- Organizations must have been engaged for at least one year, in the type of activity for which funds are requested.
- Applicants may only submit ONE application.
- The purpose and planning for the project must be specific and clear.
The venue and dates for the project must be clearly stated.
- Applications for projects involving collaborative efforts among more than one artist or cultural organization must identify a single person who has overall responsibility of the project. That person may be an artist, the director of the organization, etc.
- Written confirmation from the collaborating artist/s and/or organization/s must be attached.
- All applicants who are proposing programs in the Fall River School System (except Cul
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines
Mass Cultural Council publishes any updates to this page's information hourly. Last update was made on
January 27, 2022 at 11:26 PM UTC