Fairhaven Cultural Council
The Fairhaven Cultural Council participates in the Massachusetts Cultural Council’s Direct Grants system. Direct Grants enable LCCs to process grant monies upfront, rather than waiting until after the grantee completes their project.
The council will make grant money immediately available in full to grantees once their projects have been approved and the council receives all required paperwork from the grantee. Upon completion of your program, you will be required to submit a final report to the Local Cultural Council verifying that your project adhered to the proposal, local and state guidelines, and provides proof of properly crediting the LCC and the MCC in all publicity.
Please read the full Direct Grant System Guidelines at https://massculturalcouncil.org/documents/lccguidelines_direct_grant.pdf
(copy and paste this link into your browser)
40 Center Street
Fairhaven, MA 02719-2995
FY23 Local Priorities
– Priority will be given to first-time applicants in Fairhaven
– Successful proposals will demonstrate a clear benefit to Fairhaven residents
– Priority will be given to grants for programs or projects that take place in and/or are specifically related to the culture and history of Fairhaven
FY23 Local Guidelines
LOCAL GUIDELINES FOR THE FAIRHAVEN CULTURAL COUNCIL (FCC)
– Time Line: This council funds projects taking place during the calendar year (Jan. 2023-Dec. 2023). The grant application period begins Sept. 1st. Applications must be submitted online by Oct. 15th, 2021.
– Non-dependency Policy: The council encourages applicants to solicit additional funds and usually limits applicants to 3 consecutive years of funding for the same project.
– Field Trip Grants: The council accepts applications for field trips from all eligible groups (schools, non-profit organizations, etc.). Ticket and transportation costs are considered.
– All grant recipients and denials will be notified in writing by the end of December.
– Grant recipients will be expected to submit itemized receipts showing that grant monies were used for appropriate expenses.
SUBMITTING your APPLICATION:
– Application are available online.
– Include a letter from your venue, local sponsor or host organization verifying the location of your project or performance.
– Specify a projected date for the event, project or performance. Optional- Support Materials: Support material includes any media or printed material, publicity, reviews, photos, resumes, letters of support from sponsors, etc.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY22 Funding List
||Stilt Walking Snow Queen
|The Millicent Library
|Hastings Middle School
||Secondary Special Education Community Outings
|Fairhaven High School
||The Meaningful Advisory - Connecting through Culture, Creativity, Collaboration, & Civics
||Songs and Stories - The Highwaymen
|New Bedford Museum and Art Center, Inc.
||Teen Artist Internship Program (TAIP)
|North Fairhaven Improvement Association, Inc.
||Music Night in the Gazebo
||Imagining History at Fort Phoenix
||Contemporary Fairhaven Artist Podcasts
|New Bedford Symphony Orchestra Association, Inc.
||Young People's Concert 2022: Gravity in Space and Sound
|Tri-County Music Association, Inc.
||Complimentary Senior Tickets
|Bates III, Davis R.
||Oceans of Possibilities: A Summer Reading Performance
|New Bedford Fishing Heritage Center, Inc.
||Fishboats: Art of the Commercial Fishing Industry
|Fazio, Rhonda M
||Dyeing to Wear It: Creating Community through Color
||Historic Fairhaven Artist Podcasts
|SouthCoast Children's Theatre, Inc.
||SouthCoast Children's Theatre presents " James and the Giant Peach"
|Rotch-Jones-Duff House & Garden Museum, Inc.
||Shakespeare in NB 2022 - A Midsummer Night’s Dream
|Your Theatre, Inc.
||10th Annual New Bedford JazzFest
|New Bedford Festival Theatre, Inc.
||New Bedford Festival Theatre Summer Academy 2022 Beauty and the Beast and Beyond!
||Reggae On West Beach
|Buzzards Bay Coalition, Inc.
||Discover Buzzards Bay: Fairhaven
|South Coast Children's Chorus
||Music Connects Us - One South Coast
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines